Best way to play the court appearance

Convicted Driver Insurance

regretfull

So after stupidly drinking and driving 3 days ago, i got a blow out on a duel carriage way and pulled into a garage to change the tire where i was grassed up by an attendant and the police got me.
I blew 90 at the station and admitted drink driving in the interview the next day, (really didn't see any point in saying anything else).
To say im ashamed is an understatement.

anyway, it is what it is.
after toying with the idea of getting out of it, pleading not guilty, formulating ways to try and get myself out of the shiz, Ive eventually come to the inevitable conclusion that im done for!

I'm not 100% sure what to do, but would you say that its best to not mess around, go in and plead guilty, take it on the chin, and get it over with?
Also has anyone blew 90, what did you do, and what was the outcome?
I'll obviously give some mitigating circumstances and this is my first offense apart from speeding a couple of times in the last 10 years.

thanks

So after stupidly drinking and driving 3 days ago, i got a blow out on a duel carriage way and pulled into a garage to change the tire where i was grassed up by an attendant and the police got me.
I blew 90 at the station and admitted drink driving in the interview the next day, (really didn't see any point in saying anything else).
To say im ashamed is an understatement.

anyway, it is what it is.
after toying with the idea of getting out of it, pleading not guilty, formulating ways to try and get myself out of the shiz, Ive eventually come to the inevitable conclusion that im done for!

I'm not 100% sure what to do, but would you say that its best to not mess around, go in and plead guilty, take it on the chin, and get it over with?
Also has anyone blew 90, what did you do, and what was the outcome?
I'll obviously give some mitigating circumstances and this is my first offense apart from speeding a couple of times in the last 10 years.

thanks

You have admitted drink driving in the interview and you blew 90 at the station when you were subsequently arrested. There is no point in pleading 'not guilty' as you have already admitted that in fact you are guilty, pleading guilty will only make things worse when you are eventually found guilty.

I would advise consulting with a solicitor before your court date, at the very least they can examine all paperwork and ensure the correct procedure was followed and formulate a plea of mitigation to try and help keep any sentence down to a minimum. Alternatively you could ask to use the services of a duty solicitor on the day of your court case.

Upon a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 90, sentencing guidelines suggest a low to high level community order and a driving disqualification of between 23 and 29 months.

As your breath test result exceeded 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath you will be classed as a high risk offender. This means that you will be required to take and pass a DVLA medical before your driving licence will be returned to you on expiration of any period of disqualification imposed.

The majority of first time offenders usually benefit from the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. Upon completion of the course, the length of disqualification imposed for the offence will be reduced by up to 25%.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you. Let us know how you get on at court. I'm sure if anyone else reading this post has found themselves in a similar situation in the past, they will reply and inform you of their outcome.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off