Medical supervisor???timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance

mitch96

I have applied for my licence back after a long time which has become a nightmare I was banned about 15 years ago but never applied back for it after the ban as I didn't need it I was working abroad then had a head injury I became an occasional binge drinker for a few years due to split up etc etc I applied back for my licence 3 years ago done a medical and my doctor knocked me back until he was happy with my health now 3 years on applied for my licence back with a 100% backing off my doctor I sent off in February then had a questionnaire sent out filled that in and dvla sent out to my doctor for a report and just phoned the dvla today asking what happens next and they've said its been through the medical team now has to go to the medical supervisor does anyone knows what that means??why haven't I been sent for a dvla medical again and what happens next any info would be great if someone's been in a predicament similar thanks in advanceI it's very frustrating the timescale

Seems exactly the same as me.

It seems that if you have failed a medical, they write to your doctor before they send you for a medical.

I suppose if the doctor had any concerns they would just knock you back straight away.

I applied for mine at the bigging of May and im booked in for my medical next week

It's good in away to know I'm not alone just going to put in the procedure if you've failed the test not through the dvla doctor but your own doctor due to health concerns after a lengthy time ask your doctor can you reapply if given the go ahead
Send in d1 within 6-8weeks receive a questionnaire fill it in send it back within 6-8 weeks dvla will send out a questionnaire to your own doctor6-8weeks you'll teceive a letter to make an appointement with the dvla doctor on the same date the medical letter was sent out dvla will send another questionnaire out to your own gp for further medical enquiries
A lot of people on the forum get worried about the medical but at the end of the day it's up to good health and your own doctor who they will write to no matter what the outcome of the blood test
I passed the dvla medical but my own gp knocked me back
If you have history check with your own doctor that they are happy for you to apply
its quite a lengthy process and very frustrating timescale involved but there is light at the end of the tunnel I don't know about you robjp but I don't have to pay for my second medical
And haven't got a date but waiting for the medical centre to phone me Should have my licence back judging by timescale November/December 9-10 months after applying
Hope this helps out anybody wanting to know the procedure of second medical if you've failed due to own doctors report

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off