DRINK DRIVERS MEDICAL CDT TEST

Convicted Driver Insurance

Harney

Hi

I hope that someone can help. I have a Drink Drivers HRO medical next week and have been abstinence from alcohol for 9 weeks at the time my medical is due. Can anyone who has been through this process please advise me how likely am I to pass. I am rather worried about this.
Any feedback, information and comments will be much appreciated

Kindest Regards

Harney

Harvey, you are likely to pass the CDT blood test, but that is only a part of the medical. What is your drinking history over the past 2 years? Have you been seeing your doctor over drink related medical problems during that time. Specifically, have you been in rehab in the past 12 months? (that will be an automatic fail) DVLA often check your medical history with your GP as a part of the medical process.

Hi Price

I have not been in any rehab at all in the last year and in the last 3 years have not seeked any medical advise for alcohol from my GP.
I have has LFT tests as routine for peace of mind and my GGT is 122, which is higher than it should be but is decreasing all the time, will this fail me.
Have spoken to my GP and he states that he DEFINITELY DO NOT CLASS ME AS ALCOHOL DEPENDANT.
Your reply was much appreciated Price thank you very much mate. Obviously I am worried and stressed out about it, off course my own fault to have put myself in this situation. As you say I am likely to pass my CDT test, Do they always ask for GP report, I have seen that if your reading is under 2.2% that you are compatible for licensing without any further investigation. Please can you elaborate and have you been through this process yourself
Once again thanks for your assistance, much appreciated

Really worried about this medial and at the end of my tether with all this. So distressing, stressful and depressing. Just want my licence back and to get on with my life. Do you think I will get my licence back???

Yes, below 2.3 is a pass for CDT, but that does not guarantee that DVLA will not still check with your doctor. From the conversation you had with him, that should not be a problem and you should pass.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off