Can I get a mechanical car report?

Convicted Driver Insurance

l_cru

Sorry still looking for answers so will put a few more questions out your way!

Is there any way of getting a car mechanical report. I'm still beside myself that my car was indeed pulling to one side before hitting the island. Whether it be to do with the suspension or wheel I'm not sure. We've have had crazy monsoon floods recently in Scotland and my wee old car has been put through its paces thudding through the pot holes. I basically want to prove that there was a fault with the car to build my case? will a mechanic do this or does it not matter?! I obviously tried to explain this to the Police at the time but a quick walk round the car they said all was good- yes visibly this was the case however it is a mini and with no spare wheel I have run-flat tyres, the outside of the tyre will appear normal however the inner can have no pressure and cause the car to pull to once side - something I have experienced before with a previous blow out.

Also I realise I was still twice the limit but on a scale of 1-f**cked how has is 81mg by breath? what is the likely court outcome.

Thanks in advanced.

You will be wasting your time with a car report, you will be done regardless if the car was working fine or not, id say a 18 month ban and fine from court, nowt to worrie about, i blew 147 and needed spare underpants when i went to court lol, i got 3yrs and 300 hours comunity service

Thank you so much for the response. I'm already bricking it and its 3 weeks yet until the court date. I realise I'm going to get prosecuted either way just trying to lessen the blow.

At the Police station where I was breathalysed they asked if I was on any medication/drugs I stated then that I was on anti-viral medication. Having just read the info on the box of medication and it says side effects can be slower reaction times, tiredness, dizziness etc. Should I come clean and admit taking this?! In my head I see that as advantageous as part of the blame could be on the medication but also I don;t want them to view it as not only was I unfit to drive through drink but also under the influence of 'drugs'.

I wouldent bother sayin out about the drugs, i dont think anything u say will lessen the blow, just plead guilty get your ban and fine and be done with it.

I got arrested 1 hour after geting home from pub , i had a vodka when i got in , my soliciter sent a report to froensic experts and they said what i said on report was 100% accurate and very hard to lie on it and if i diddnt have the vodka at home my level would have been around 100 when i drove. The court threw that out and done me for 147 , hence why whatever you say will not make a diffrence

A "car report" would be an MOT to be accepted by the court - and if it (or you) say that the car was pulling to one side, it'll be considered "unroadworthy". Which in turn would likely make your insurance at the time void, so landing you in another pile of ****!
I'd just stay quiet - your reading will probably get you an 18 month, maybe 2 year ban, probably reduced by 25% if you go to a TTC course.
I'm not too far off the end of mine now. At the time it's all fun and games, now you should get used to buses and trains... some months drag by, some pass so quickly you'll hardly notice.
Chin up, it's just another lesson in life!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off