New Job with Company Car

Convicted Driver Insurance

jonnybegood

Hello everyone

i was convicted of drink driving back in 2007 for 9 months.
I have just been offered a fantastic job with a company car and i am worried about my conviction on my insurance.

the company didnt ask at interview anything regarding my licence but ive had my offer letter today and some terms which say i will be required to fill in a d796 form when i start which.

even though its 8 years ago, im worried they will retract the job offer. My licence is clean 0 points currently but obviously this stays on for a few more years.

any advice? anyone else been in this situation?

The conviction stays on record for 11 years, in case you are caught again within the next 10 years. A D476 check, however, simply asks DVLA what relevant convictions you have. For disclosure purposes, drink drive convictions are spent after 5 years so your check will come back clear and will not show if you have a drink drive conviction 8 years ago. An enhanced DBS check would show it, but that is only for certain occupations, not 'ordinary' jobs that involve driving.

Wow thank you for putting my mind at rest
I recently checked my licence through the new portal on the gov website and this showed my conviction
Can't my new company just do that and see the conviction?
The conviction stays on record for 11 years, in case you are caught again within the next 10 years. A D476 check, however, simply asks DVLA what relevant convictions you have. For disclosure purposes, drink drive convictions are spent after 5 years so your check will come back clear and will not show if you have a drink drive conviction 8 years ago. An enhanced DBS check would show it, but that is only for certain occupations, not 'ordinary' jobs that involve driving.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off