What can I expect??

Convicted Driver Insurance

l_cru

I had a blow out on my car tyre this morning and as a result swerved into an island in the middle of the road. Obviously being a RTC Police arrived and I had to give a breath test....which I failed as had been out the previous night. Reading official websites and seeing 'imprisonment' and thousands of pounds of fines has put me in panic mode. I'd just like someone to be black and white and outline what's expected to happen next. I have no previous convictions.

Any help/advice on what to do now. or anyone been in the same situation??:(:(

i wouldn't worry too much, the "imprisonment" is very very rare and normally its because you hurt someone or caused a death ect...

I was caught coming out of a nightclub so wasnt the next day like yours. i got 12 month ban reduced to 9 after a drink awareness course

I had a blow out on my car tyre this morning and as a result swerved into an island in the middle of the road. Obviously being a RTC Police arrived and I had to give a breath test....which I failed as had been out the previous night. Reading official websites and seeing 'imprisonment' and thousands of pounds of fines has put me in panic mode. I'd just like someone to be black and white and outline what's expected to happen next. I have no previous convictions.

Any help/advice on what to do now. or anyone been in the same situation??:(:(

Thank you so much for the response. Going mad here. what was your breath test result if you don't mind me asking. I blew 83 at the station. Absolute nightmare as I reckon they're viewing it as I hit the island because I was 'drunk' but like everyone else on here I felt fine and fit to drive but obviously the test shows differently. Wishing a hole would swallow me up at this point....

i cant remember if im honest but i was caught on the day so im sure it was higher.

i remember worrying about the same thing, but when you go to court theres a court room dedicated on that day for drink drivers and there is alot of people there nobody got imprisonment.

i also went on a drink course and there was people on there who had been caught 2-3 times and they wasn't imprisoned.

Thank you so much for the response. Going mad here. what was your breath test result if you don't mind me asking. I blew 83 at the station. Absolute nightmare as I reckon they're viewing it as I hit the island because I was 'drunk' but like everyone else on here I felt fine and fit to drive but obviously the test shows differently. Wishing a hole would swallow me up at this point....

That puts me a little at ease it only being potentially a year, was that in the UK? My biggest worry is it appearing in the local paper, was this the case for yourself? Is there any way of preventing this from happening?

Sorry for late reply yes I'm in the UK
I'm not sure about the local paper I think they do but its in the back somewhere

If you employ the right solicitor/barrister, he will have done a billion of these cases and will recognise the journalist from the local paper if he is in the court - mine did, had a quick word, and basically asked him not to put it in the paper.
No idea if any money changed hands, but I'd imagine £40 or so would persuade your journalist to "lose" that page of his notes - maybe worth asking your solicitor about!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off