What is your drink driving history?

Convicted Driver Insurance

toostupid

I don't mean when you got caught, I mean before you got caught... mine sorta crept up on me. Started with having a couple of whiskeys at a girl's house, I used to fix her computer and the like - then started fixing more computers, and drinking more, until I was drinking maybe ten cans a night and driving home (flawlessly, of course!:rolleyes:) - never had a crash, never pulled over, the only thing I got was a camera ticket for doing 82mph in a 70 zone.
It's about time I was caught - I was doing this for nearly 20 years. "Don't mention that in court, for God's sake" my barrister said.:D
Finally got pulled over when I scuffed a kerb in my car - literally just brushed the tyre - but the car behind me was a police car.

Busted. Blew 127 on the breathalyser, banned for 2 years - knocked down to 18 months after taking the DDA course. Locked up for the night, ALMOST lost my job but actually got promoted about a month afterwards because my new, office-bound job was easy compared to my old one.
Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had been caught earlier, just a bit over the limit. Sometimes I wonder if I would have got worse, killed someone or myself.
Maybe I would, maybe the relentless hangovers would have caught up with me?

Anyone any history they care to share?

I don't mean when you got caught, I mean before you got caught... mine sorta crept up on me. Started with having a couple of whiskeys at a girl's house, I used to fix her computer and the like - then started fixing more computers, and drinking more, until I was drinking maybe ten cans a night and driving home (flawlessly, of course!:rolleyes:) - never had a crash, never pulled over, the only thing I got was a camera ticket for doing 82mph in a 70 zone.
It's about time I was caught - I was doing this for nearly 20 years. "Don't mention that in court, for God's sake" my barrister said.:D
Finally got pulled over when I scuffed a kerb in my car - literally just brushed the tyre - but the car behind me was a police car.

Busted. Blew 127 on the breathalyser, banned for 2 years - knocked down to 18 months after taking the DDA course. Locked up for the night, ALMOST lost my job but actually got promoted about a month afterwards because my new, office-bound job was easy compared to my old one.
Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had been caught earlier, just a bit over the limit. Sometimes I wonder if I would have got worse, killed someone or myself.
Maybe I would, maybe the relentless hangovers would have caught up with me?

Anyone any history they care to share?
I used to have 2 or 3 pints after playing 5 a side, no more, and then drive home. But things got worse regarding drinking at home which became secretive. I would also make an excuse I was driving to the gym or somewhere and park somewhere quiet, and drink (very strong lager) for a couple of hours listening to music. On occasions I was driving home with double vision and shutting one eye to 'improve' things.... I know!
One time I was driving back up the M1 not having had a drink for 8 hours or so, and I got the shakes in a big way and I dread to think what could have happened. Somehow I managed to park somewhere, and a friend picked us up.
My daughter often suspected I had been drinking when I had to take her places, and sometimes my wife would hide the car keys. I also had the sort of job where you could go out at dinnertime and no-one would notice, so most of the time I was drunk at work, but like a lot of alcoholics, you can put on an act, especially if your tolerance is high. Eventually my work suffered, and I was taking lots of time off, getting written warnings etc.
Anyway, I got caught after I had hit a herb at about 50 mph and stopped to see the damage. I should have just left the car of course, but foolishly tried to drive it to a garage, and at that precise moment a police car came alongside purely by chance, noticed the tyre and stopped. I had had a lot to drink earlier that morning and was still well over at 92. So that was it.
Anyway it took 5 years to sort myself out personally, let alone think about driving, and now I have been happily driving again for 8 months (sober) on a 1 year licence, and the next medical should be a formality. So for anyone stuck in a ban and is depressed, you will get over it with time because I was at rock bottom and managed to crawl back up.

Peter.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off