My ban is nearly finished

Convicted Driver Insurance

dayofaim

Hi guys

I was banned for 9 months and it has been an absolute nightmare. I have had a car ever since I was 18 and over 10 years driving and to suddenly get a ban has affected me badly. I have let myself go physically and find I lack confidence and feel shy a lot of the time! Never had these feelings before but I guess it's because I simply don't see my friends or socialize half as much as I used to (i'm very lazy in that way if I can't get somewhere easily I won't go).

I would have to admit I was very lucky... I was the type of social drink driver who just didn't care and thought I was too good a driver to not let it affect me and I thought I would never get caught but I did and got a ban. I won't ever consider doing it again because simply put if I have to go through this again i'd rather be dead! It is no life for me without a car and I appreciate how much a car means to me.

Regardless my ban is up in a few days and I can't be happier to get my life back on track. I have a simple question - will I be stopped all the time by the police now? I have no problem with this as I have nothing to hide but I can imagine it will get a bit tiresome... I have changed my car.

And i'd like to wish everyone doing longer sentences all the best - I found my 9 months horrible I couldn't imagine some of those longer sentences. I wish I could give messages of support that it gets easier or you'll get through it but it's been the single most tough experience in my life topping all past break ups and financial issues also!

I thought it would be right to mention - since losing my car I was knocked off my pedal bike by a car (non drink driver just a bad driver). I was not seriously injured but I think it's good to keep some perspective that we are not victims - I know for a fact i'd rather go through this to potentially creating a real victim in the future. So for those who have lost jobs and worse please realize the weight of the act we have committed.

I doubt you will have any problems, I have been back on the road just over a week now and have covered over 1000 miles and a few countries and not stopped once. I gave my old car to my other half and she was driving it still registered to me for a few weeks after I got banned until we changed the owner, again no problems at all.

I too have nearly been knocked off my push bike several times, riding a road bike for 10months has made me a much safer driver most certainly. Fitter as well so every cloud and all that...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off