Supervising/teacher a learner

Convicted Driver Insurance

_kram

My dad has been driving for years but he was banned for driving for 18months because of drink driving but that was almost 3 years ago and he got his full license after 18months. So just wondering if he is allowed to teach/supervise a learner?

Thanks

Your dad will be fine to supervise. The only criteria is that you are 21 or over, and it is 3 years or more since the supervisor passed their test. The fact that he WAS disqualified does not come into it.

Your dad will be fine to supervise. The only criteria is that you are 21 or over, and it is 3 years or more since the supervisor passed their test. The fact that he WAS disqualified does not come into it.

So he's okay to teach then and nothing to be worried about or anything?

The only thing for him to worry about is to make sure he does not drink himself, then act as supervisor. The same drink drive limits apply to the supervisor as the driver......

The only thing for him to worry about is to make sure he does not drink himself, then act as supervisor. The same drink drive limits apply to the supervisor as the driver......
I doubt he'll drink and drive again specially when teach us *his sons* Thanks for your reply. Another question I thought "supervisor" should have their full license for 3 years not prior to when they passed their driving test but he got his new license not 3 years ago.

It is 3 years from when you pass your test. If it was 3 years from when you got your licence, that would mean for 3 years every 10 years you could not supervise because you had not held that licence for 3 years!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off