I'm sorry

Convicted Driver Insurance

ally

Well Known Member
I suppose given the chance and one wish I would like the clock to be turned back, but is isn't going to happen.
I am sorry if I have spoken out of turn or caused offence. I am not making excuses or wanting sympathy for what I have done. Some days I am great yet others I am not.
If honest I wish someone had a magic wand to make everything alright however I know that isn't going to happen.
People don't realise what a conviction like this does to you, it never goes away, it clouds your judgement and makes you bitter and if honest you wish you were like those just curious as to what happens should you get caught. Truth is it ruins your life as it has mine. I doubt I will ever come back from this.
Alan I am sorry for what I have said, along with everyone else, I feel ashamed and when you say I should get help maybe you are right.
I have made my bed so the saying goes.
Don't drink and drive, it's a life spoiler, like long term. Never goes away.

Chin up ally, yes we have been bloody stupid and we all should have known better as we knew the dangers but it will only ruin your life if you let it. I have to do my dbs next year and that's another hurdle but it's something that can be done.keep going forward, you can't change the past but you can learn from it.

Ally, it doesn't go away, but it does fade and you then put it in perspective as an experience that you will learn from. You will slowly rebuild your life and there is support on here for those who need it.

Well thank you, if you include me in that. My life was utterly ruined, as was my little boy's. I do take full responsibility. But when I posted a very innocent comment, I was called a vile fraud and other things all by you. This site isn't just yours. You made my experience far worse. It does get better and you shouldn't ever be defined by this and must move on. Maybe you do need help. I know you hurt me when I needed help.

Millie,
i read what Ally put in reply to your post and it was out of order...... But if you look at what had gone before, I believe that she was convinced that you were someone else, coming back after being banned but in another name, hence she using the word 'fraud' I have no doubt you are genuine, and I expect that Ally does now, it was just the heat of that time where there had been some unpleasant exchanges and she presumed - wrongly.

guys don't be offended, cause all that happened to us causes a massive stress and if you had a depression (like I did) it made it a lot worse.
ally, how long have you got left? i got 6 months now and trust me it WILL go away. when you have you licence back just forget about the rest. I am going through motions at the moment, some days I feel Ok, some days i hate everything, I hate the stupid buses and makes me cry when it takes 2 hours to get home, but some days I am lucky and it may take 1 hour and I am happy. some days I hate the drivers in their cars, some days i forget about them. I understand how you feel, it is a massive challenge. I don't know what you said to other people here, but I know its just because of a massive stress that you are going through right now. But stop blaming yourself all the time. It's done. Its a mistake. happened to all of us. But I do know how you feel

guys don't be offended, cause all that happened to us causes a massive stress and if you had a depression (like I did) it made it a lot worse.
ally, how long have you got left? i got 6 months now and trust me it WILL go away. when you have you licence back just forget about the rest. I am going through motions at the moment, some days I feel Ok, some days i hate everything, I hate the stupid buses and makes me cry when it takes 2 hours to get home, but some days I am lucky and it may take 1 hour and I am happy. some days I hate the drivers in their cars, some days i forget about them. I understand how you feel, it is a massive challenge. I don't know what you said to other people here, but I know its just because of a massive stress that you are going through right now. But stop blaming yourself all the time. It's done. Its a mistake. happened to all of us. But I do know how you feel

Thank you Ellen, I will make no excuses whatsoever. Approx 9 months left and if I never drove again it matters not. I apologise for all the bad comments x

Ally, I know how you feel, believe me. But you need now to forgive yourself. You have been punished by the courts, society, and god knows the other awful effects. You have paid a hefty price. You must close the chapter, for your own sanity. You are obviously a good person, so please stop beating yourself up. You made a mistake - you're human.

If you are struggling to move on, I would urge you to seek help (this is what I had to do in the end).

Good luck xxx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off