Help For Drivers Who Cause A Crash

Convicted Driver Insurance

Honda

I just wondered what help was available for any drivers who cause a crash which results in a victim being injured or killed. The victim and their family will receive all the support they need, but what about the person who caused the crash?

If I caused a crash in which someone was killed I would be totally devastated. The family of the victim would be even more devastated but they will receive loads of support and sympathy. The driver who caused the accident will probably receive nothing but loathing or regarded as a murderer. The family of the person who caused the accident will probably find their lives in a turmoil, but they won't receive support or sympathy either.

Injuring or killing someone through making a stupid mistake is not the same as sticking a knife in someone, but will probably be regarded in the same light. A motorist who was a perfect and popular citizen before an accident doesn't become a monster after it but might be regarded as such.

I think someone in these circumstances need more support, and so do their families.

I just wondered what help was available for any drivers who cause a crash which results in a victim being injured or killed. The victim and their family will receive all the support they need, but what about the person who caused the crash?

If I caused a crash in which someone was killed I would be totally devastated. The family of the victim would be even more devastated but they will receive loads of support and sympathy. The driver who caused the accident will probably receive nothing but loathing or regarded as a murderer. The family of the person who caused the accident will probably find their lives in a turmoil, but they won't receive support or sympathy either.

Injuring or killing someone through making a stupid mistake is not the same as sticking a knife in someone, but will probably be regarded in the same light. A motorist who was a perfect and popular citizen before an accident doesn't become a monster after it but might be regarded as such.

I think someone in these circumstances need more support, and so do their families.

Try raising it with your MP. The NHS is awash with money and could train counsellors to help drink drivers come to terms with their irresponsible and life changing behaviour.
Failing that, you could try getting real..............

I read the post from Alan T73, but on my Ipad the quote he was referring to did not show. I must admit I thought, "Oh here we go, another person just having a go at someone who is suffering already...." then I read what Honda posted, and I am with Alan, he is right.
I help people get their licences back after a conviction for drink driving, so I am all for education and for people to learn from their mistakes, but where there has been a fatality I fail to see why resources needed elsewhere should be diverted to provide counselling to help the drink driver get over it. I do have sympathy for the drink drivers' family, because they have done nothing wrong but to say that the drink driver is a victim and should be given counselling and support is like someone murdering their parents and then asking for clemency because they are an orphan.
The drink driver probably did not mean to kill someone, but neither did someone who 'sticks a knife in someone" because they panicked and just meant to frighten the other person. Either way, you end up with a victim, and it is not the person who did the deed........

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off