crashed and blew 43

Convicted Driver Insurance

elsa

hubby was stupid last night and this happened. Says thinks he fell asleep.

He was taken to police station and they brought him home. Other driver was taken to hospital.

Any advice on what will happen now. he's got to go back to the station in 6wks........ no idea what happens now.

Clean license before this (apart from speeding ticket)

he said he didn't have bloods or urine test at police station. they did dna.

The police will be investigating the incident and your husband could either be charged with an offence and bailed to appear at court at a later date, he may be bailed to re-appear at the police station at a later date if they are still investigating or no further action will be taken when he appears at the police station in six weeks.

From the information you provide, it is unclear what exactly happened? What exactly was he arrested for?

Last edited:
As of 2 weeks ago, the police no longer have to offer a blood or urine sample if you blow between 40 and 50 at the station.
Your husband has probably been bailed to return in 6 weeks time, after the police have taken witness statements from the other driver and any witnesses. He can expect to be interviewed under caution about the accident when he goes back.
Sorry, my post has crossed over with the moderators reply as I was typing my reply.... I take it that as you have put 'crashed and blew 43' as the title, that this is what he blew at the police station? If that is what he blew at the roadside, that is not actual evidence, what did he blow at the station? He should have been supplied with a copy of the printout from the machine.

Last edited:
The police will be investigating the incident and your husband could either be charged with an offence and bailed to appear at court at a later date, he may be bailed to re-appear at the police station at a later date if they are still investigating or no further action will be taken when he appears at the police station in six weeks.

From the information you provide, it is unclear what exactly happened? What exactly was he arrested for?

I have just noticed the title of the thread 'crashed and blew 43'. If the 43 in breath was on a breath testing device at the police station then he will be charged with driving with excess alcohol. If it was 43 on a hand held preliminary device at the roadside and he blew under the limit at the police station, perhaps the police have requested a back calculation due to being involved in an accident. A back calculation is a process where the police seek to prove that a driver under the legal limit at the time an evidential specimen was obtained, was nevertheless, above the legal limit at the time the incident occurred.

Last edited:
sorry wasn't clear, he crashed into another vehicle, the other driver taken to hospital. He was given breath test at the scene and later in the police station (he refused to go to hospital to be checked over). The 43 was later at the police station. He now tells me he has a print out of it. Said he was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off