DVLA medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

cauncey2599

Hi had my medical today to get my licence bavk and i rarely drink now so the dr said i should be fine with the gamma levels on my test but on the questionaire i said i take coke one or twice a year and the last time was a quater of a gram 4 weeks ago so im wondering if i will pass my medical on the drinking side of things but will i get asked to go back for a urine test?i know i will pass the urtine test if i need to....but do people think i will need to do one on the basis iof being a cocaine user once or twice a year

Hi had my medical today to get my licence bavk and i rarely drink now so the dr said i should be fine with the gamma levels on my test but on the questionaire i said i take coke one or twice a year and the last time was a quater of a gram 4 weeks ago so im wondering if i will pass my medical on the drinking side of things but will i get asked to go back for a urine test?i know i will pass the urtine test if i need to....but do people think i will need to do one on the basis iof being a cocaine user once or twice a year
im a ex cocaine user... its out of your system within 2-4days

im a ex cocaine user... its out of your system within 2-4days
Oh yeah I know that mate,I am wondering if that cos I put down on the medical questionnaire that I used it 4 weeks ago and use it once or twice a year that I'll need to do a urine rest cos the Dr said today that I'll pass the drinking side of things but cos of what I said about the cocaine the dvla might make me come back for a urine test

Oh yeah I know that mate,I am wondering if that cos I put down on the medical questionnaire that I used it 4 weeks ago and use it once or twice a year that I'll need to do a urine rest cos the Dr said today that I'll pass the drinking side of things but cos of what I said about the cocaine the dvla might make me come back for a urine test
i should think you will have to do a piss test.

Ryan 9911 is right, it only stays in your system for a short while, a urine sample may well be required but will only detect very recent use.
i always smile when I see drug tests on Jeremy Kyle and he says "Guess what, the drugs test was clear so he is not a drug user...." Yes, sure......

Ryan 9911 is right, it only stays in your system for a short while, a urine sample may well be required but will only detect very recent use.
i always smile when I see drug tests on Jeremy Kyle and he says "Guess what, the drugs test was clear so he is not a drug user...." Yes, sure......
It all seems a bit harsh to maybe make me come back for a piss test when I said I did a quarter of a gram 4 weeks ago and only do it once or twice a year,assuming my blood tests will be cos I don't drink now since my ban happened but just seems harsh for me to prove I'm a not a regular drug user when I have about a gram a year

There are a number of drugs that do not show up in a blood sample, hence the requirement for a urine sample.
in any case, the normal blood test is only tested for the CDT level, not even for alcohol!

There are a number of drugs that do not show up in a blood sample, hence the requirement for a urine sample.
in any case, the normal blood test is only tested for the CDT level, not even for alcohol!
Ahh right I see,you seem to know what you're talking about...do you think the dvla will want me to do a urine sample based on what I told them on my questionnaire?because the Dr only said they "might" want me to do one,he didn't say they definitely would do

DVLA are not always consistent, but I think there is a fair chance they will write saying there is further information that they require and ask you to attend another medical. Then they will request the doctor to obtain a urine sample. If this does happen, you will not have to pay again, it is all part of one medical assessment.

DVLA are not always consistent, but I think there is a fair chance they will write saying there is further information that they require and ask you to attend another medical. Then they will request the doctor to obtain a urine sample. If this does happen, you will not have to pay again, it is all part of one medical assessment.
Oh that's good then I am resigned to that fact that I'll need to do urine test but happy I don't have to pay again and as it was a while ago since I had anything I know I'll pass so not worried,I should of lied on the questionaire but im always honest and don't like telling lies to anyone,do you have any idea how long I'll need to wait to take the urine test mate?i had a 5 week wait for this medial today

Oh that's good then I am resigned to that fact that I'll need to do urine test but happy I don't have to pay again and as it was a while ago since I had anything I know I'll pass so not worried,I should of lied on the questionaire but im always honest and don't like telling lies to anyone,do you have any idea how long I'll need to wait to take the urine test mate?i had a 5 week wait for this medial today
Did you have to do a urine test for cocaine in end ? Or not as I’m in same boat

If you put down you use etc I'm sure you'd have done a urine sample on your medical ( today ) , sounds like DVLA are satisfied with just your CDT test ...Good luck .....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off