After The Ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

Birms0803

Hey guys :)

Quick question. I've got my licence back of Monday this week, do I'm back on the road 'wuhoo'.

My question is;

I've purchased a new car, tax'd, MOT'd amd fully insured (full comp). My question is, with my new car and this previous on my name, am I now going to be a target for the police everytime pass there cameras?

I just have a feeling, ill get pulled and embarrased at the side of the road :(

Thanks

Hey guys :)

Quick question. I've got my licence back of Monday this week, do I'm back on the road 'wuhoo'.

My question is;

I've purchased a new car, tax'd, MOT'd amd fully insured (full comp). My question is, with my new car and this previous on my name, am I now going to be a target for the police everytime pass there cameras?

I just have a feeling, ill get pulled and embarrased at the side of the road :(

Thanks

hi i,ve just got mine back too and will get stopped because i,m using the same van i got stopped in but personally i don,t give a crap cos they won,t catch me D&D again big lesson learn,t but if it does happen and then continues too i,ll put in a complaint off harrasement. Don,t worry about it and don,t be embarresed if you do nothing wrong they got nothing on ya. I,ve been using my motorbike for the last 3 weeks and no tug prob cos they can,t see the plate lol and back on road with van today if they do stop me and ask if i,ve had a drink i,ll say yes when they ask how long ago i,ll say 10 mins and when they ask what i drank i,ll say coffee got no time for the ********s they lied like you wouldn,t believe in court i deserved what i got cos was well over the limit but the lies i don,t tollerate. Happy motoring and stop panicking i,ll post the minute i get a tug bet i beat you to it lol

The police ANPR system will show the registered keeper of the vehicle. It will not show that the registered keeper has a drink drive conviction because they have to put your date of birth into the PNC system against your name to find if you have convictions. You see it happen in films, but not in real life!

I was told after the ban my car would have 'a marker' on it as the police wouldn't know I had completed the DD course without stopping me and running my details through the system. So......my 4x4 has been sold sack that. I want to start a fresh. I admit I am not strong enough to be pulled over and over I would end up saying something I may later regret.

Ally,
this is an urban myth.
most people do not keep the same car after their ban is up, it is long gone.
there are plenty of other drink drivers out there without trying to catch someone who made a mistake.
they wouldn't know you had done a course, running your details 'through the system', except for if you had 12 months reduced to 9, because that is the only way you can get 9 months for drink driving.
They would be far more likely to watch the car you were driving for a while after you receive your ban to see if you are still driving.

During a meeting with the inspector of my local police station I asked the question and he said I was more likely to be pulled driving the same car than the next person, that's why I sold my car

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off