medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

geordienick

hi peeps

i have a few questions regarding the medical from people in the know

1. i drink 6pints 2 or 3 times a week (weds,fri,sat) at the MOST!!!if i stop totally for a month am i likely too pass it??
2. when you receive the letter for the medical how long do you have to book it as ive seen posts on here saying 3,4,6,8 weeks??

im not worried about it, i just dont want to waste nearly 300 quid

thx in advance

mick

It is difficult to assess what you are drinking as 6 pints (of what) 2 OR 2 times a week could range between 24 to 54 units a week.
Generally, the best advice is to stick to guideline unit consumption for 5 or 6 weeks before your medical. That should get your CDT levels to a reasonable figure.
As to the actual medical. The hard to guess figure is when DVLA will write back giving you the details of the doctor they want you to see. Some get the letter after about a week, some do not seem to get the letter for several weeks. Once it does arrive, it will give you a 6 week window in which to get the medical carried out. You should get an appointment ASAP, as that is eating into your 3 monthh window between your application and the time that you should be able to drive, if the results are confirmed as OK.

It is difficult to assess what you are drinking as 6 pints (of what) 2 OR 2 times a week could range between 24 to 54 units a week.
Generally, the best advice is to stick to guideline unit consumption for 5 or 6 weeks before your medical. That should get your CDT levels to a reasonable figure.
As to the actual medical. The hard to guess figure is when DVLA will write back giving you the details of the doctor they want you to see. Some get the letter after about a week, some do not seem to get the letter for several weeks. Once it does arrive, it will give you a 6 week window in which to get the medical carried out. You should get an appointment ASAP, as that is eating into your 3 monthh window between your application and the time that you should be able to drive, if the results are confirmed as OK.

ok cheers, ive got my medical booked now and by the time i go for it il be 9 wks off the beer

can anyone supply me some insurance company's that will take a section 88 letter from dvla please????

cheers

Try Henshalls at Newport, Shopshire. They do national quotes and can get them for a S88 letter. I was talking to them about this last week.
01952 820358

Try Henshalls at Newport, Shopshire. They do national quotes and can get them for a S88 letter. I was talking to them about this last week.
01952 820358

cheers for that

whats their prices like?? havent had a chance to ring them yet
online ive been quoted 520 a year for my car are their fees reasonable?

Henshalls do. Or charge a fee, they just get commission from the insurance companies.
they have been good at getting sensible quotes in my experience, but I can't comment on your £520 quote without knowing the details of the vehicle, postcode and all the other variables that make up a quote.
be wary of o line quotes from comparison websites. I used one last week for house buildings and contents insurance. I clicked on the cheapest offer of £240, was sent to their website where they asked a few more questions and then confirmed the quote of £541!!!!!!!
the next best quote of £261 stayed at £261 when I went through to their website. It seems that some firms will manipulate their quotes to get to the top of a list.
I won't say which comparison website it was, but I will be watching more films on a Tuesday and Wednesday in future.......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off