So tempted to drive already

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dumbidiot

Hi I got a 17 month ban with the dd course option on the 24th. I blew 79 and I consider myself lucky I got the minimum. I have a feeling that if it was not mandatory the magistrate wouldn't of banned me. He kind of took to me and the situation I was in. Anyway I'm a self employed plumber and this has hit me hard. I have come to the conclusion I can only do repair or small jobs in the meantime and the wife is going to take me in the van and wait outside whilst I work. But I have had a flood of work come in and it is really getting to me about not being able to earn a living. How long does this period last before it starts to just go by? I will not drive and am tempted to sell my van whilst the ban is in force. I have some savings but not enough for a year of unemployment. Just out of curiosity Whats the likelihood of getting stopped whilst banned? I've never been stopped in the last 10 + years.
James

To be honest if your even considering it then your handle describes you just right. The old bill will be on the lookout and your van will be marked if registered to you i,m a self employed mobile mechanic and lost my licence for 20 months didn,t even consider it but i know people who did and got caught. Go for it if you feel lucky but when you get caught you,ll get done for driving whilst disqualified no insurance and then a HRO and could be looking at bird especially as you,ve just been done the court will take it you don,t give a damn and punish you accordingly let us know how you get on

To be honest if your even considering it then your handle describes you just right. The old bill will be on the lookout and your van will be marked if registered to you i,m a self employed mobile mechanic and lost my licence for 20 months didn,t even consider it but i know people who did and got caught. Go for it if you feel lucky but when you get caught you,ll get done for driving whilst disqualified no insurance and then a HRO and could be looking at bird especially as you,ve just been done the court will take it you don,t give a damn and punish you accordingly let us know how you get on
Calm down pal. The facts are I got caught in my wife's car NOT my van. My van is registered to another address I own. I know the police are on the lookout for newly banned drivers as my wife had a tail in her car the very next day. When they pulled up she said they had a good look inside then buggered off. I will not drive but no one can say that the temptation wouldn't be there when you have work coming in and can't do it because your banned. I know I am lucky I got 17 months reduced to 12 months and two weeks.

Calm down pal. The facts are I got caught in my wife's car NOT my van. My van is registered to another address I own. I know the police are on the lookout for newly banned drivers as my wife had a tail in her car the very next day. When they pulled up she said they had a good look inside then buggered off. I will not drive but no one can say that the temptation wouldn't be there when you have work coming in and can't do it because your banned. I know I am lucky I got 17 months reduced to 12 months and two weeks.

Sorry didn,t mean to sound harsh i can understand your frustration but i personally don,t think it,s worth the risk. When i lost my licence i couldn,t get about and lost a lot of customers and got to the point where i had to sign on and that was a nightmare. i,ve just got my licence back and should be mobile in first week of April and i won,t be suprised if i get a tug in the first week the van is seen the old bill love nothing more than having it handed on a plate to them. Is the reduction for doing the DD rehab course? If it is you will learn a lot from that i didn,t even start my van till my licence was back cos if the cops came round the corner and i was in it with the engine running i,d have got done for driving without a licence or attempting to and no insurance. Have you got any big jobs that are like a day or half a days work where the wife can drop you off and pick you up later it,s a pain i know cos i had to work out what tools i,d need for certain jobs and you can bet your arse you,ll leave something behind i did on many occasions just an idea. You,ll be suprised how quick the ban is finished.

Sorry didn,t mean to sound harsh i can understand your frustration but i personally don,t think it,s worth the risk. When i lost my licence i couldn,t get about and lost a lot of customers and got to the point where i had to sign on and that was a nightmare. i,ve just got my licence back and should be mobile in first week of April and i won,t be suprised if i get a tug in the first week the van is seen the old bill love nothing more than having it handed on a plate to them. Is the reduction for doing the DD rehab course? If it is you will learn a lot from that i didn,t even start my van till my licence was back cos if the cops came round the corner and i was in it with the engine running i,d have got done for driving without a licence or attempting to and no insurance. Have you got any big jobs that are like a day or half a days work where the wife can drop you off and pick you up later it,s a pain i know cos i had to work out what tools i,d need for certain jobs and you can bet your arse you,ll leave something behind i did on many occasions just an idea. You,ll be suprised how quick the ban is finished.
I don't know. I will start off just doing the odd tap, basin/toilet change etc. stuff that only takes a couple of hours. Ill go from there. I have never had a point on my licence or been in trouble before. It's been a real eye opener. Going to court (and being surrounded by for want of a better word, knobs) was so embarrassing. I like to think I'm quite a respectable fella and in a crazy moment after drinking a bottle of red I decide to get in the van. Crazy! Never had more than a pint before if I knew was driving. My life is turned upside down.

im the same, bans over in september but I had 16 months reduced to 12. I know a few people that have been banned and driven another car and pretty much drove all through their ban, you wont believe it but one guy on my DD course actually drove in his wifes car during he course and sold the car he was caught in. OK your a good driver but its other drivers that may cause you to get caught if you were involved in a accident and it was their fault your ruined...best advice remove temptation so sell the van if it helps. Also your insurance has probably already doubled and if your caught again you might not even be offered insurance!

well if you are even thinking about driving i think you are a tit... i just got banned and aint even thinking about it.. you was banging on that you are gutted you cant take all the work you want but if you do drive again you going to cope with a more serious ban? dont be a fool just do the time..

well if you are even thinking about driving i think you are a tit... i just got banned and aint even thinking about it.. you was banging on that you are gutted you cant take all the work you want but if you do drive again you going to cope with a more serious ban? dont be a fool just do the time..
Easy tiger. I said I'm tempted not driving, BIG difference! I won't break it so no need to get all high and mighty. FFS how many times have I got to say I haven't driven and nor will I. I'm just having a moan and winge. Hopefully talk to like minded people who don't judge.

Easy tiger. I said I'm tempted not driving, BIG difference! I won't break it so no need to get all high and mighty. FFS how many times have I got to say I haven't driven and nor will I. I'm just having a moan and winge. Hopefully talk to like minded people who don't judge.
im not high and mighty im the same as you cocked up madde a mistake i just think even considering driving whilst banned is silly...

Temptation is awful but never do it. I hate to see my kids having to go out in the rain when I have a car sat outside but the outcome would be so much worse. I'm nearly 3 months into my ban. Just plod along.

Temptation is awful but never do it. I hate to see my kids having to go out in the rain when I have a car sat outside but the outcome would be so much worse. I'm nearly 3 months into my ban. Just plod along.
I sold my van yesterday. It was killing me. I just had enough of staring at it every morning. I'm gonna save up all year and buy myself a really nice car for when I'm done

I sold my van yesterday. It was killing me. I just had enough of staring at it every morning. I'm gonna save up all year and buy myself a really nice car for when I'm done

Hi, just read your post. How are you getting on with it, work and everything else?

my 15 month ban is over at the end of the month and honestly, this 15 months has financially brought me to my knees. Of course it crosses your mind, it's crossed mine on those rainy winter mornings trudging the two miles with my toddler to nursery... But no I havent.

It Is true that months tick by quite quickly, but the last few really grate. I'm just going to have to work by butt off to get back up square once it's all over. R x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off