Early Return of Drivers License - Help Required

Convicted Driver Insurance

cybersurfer

Hi

I'm in the process in forwarding an application to the convicting Court for the early removal of my disqualification (i.e asking to get my license returned back early)...

I did some checks and believe I do fall into the "High Risk Offenders" category, where a DVLA Medical will definitely be required before my license gets returned.

- I do qualify under section 42 to ask for an early return.
- I have contacted the convicting court, and they've sent me through a pro-forma application and have advised me of the appropriate fees.
- I have solid reasons to ask the court for the DL returned early (1. New job prospect, 2. Changed family situation 3. Good character…)

However I'd like to "bolster" my argument and prove to the court that I don't have any kind of drink related problem and would like to get a Private CDT Test or a Test similar test to that of DVLA's Medical to submit with my application.

( I do fully realise that if the court grants an early return I'll need to get the DVLA CDT Test done anyway...But I want to get one done before hand as I believe it will add more weight to my argument... )

My question would be, where can I get a Private CDT Test or a similar DVLA Medical done in the Glasgow area?

I know from friends that Parkside Private Clinic do the DVLA medical, I contacted them but they refused as they say it has to be referred from the DVLA and I can't request to get one done "Privately" even though they are a "Private Clinic" ... Their response : "...I regret as we are a centre that provides this service for the DVLA it would be inappropriate for us to carry out such tests Privately. I note the blood tests that you are asking for are different from the one carried out by the DVLA."

The test's I asked for were : " Basically a general assessment that would account for :
GGT (Gamma GT) - Gamma-glutamyl transferase,
MCV (Mean Cell Volume) - mean corpuscular volume,
(ALT) – Alanine transaminase,
Aspartate aminotransferase (AST) – Aspartate aminotransferase,
Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin (CDT),
"

When I asked for clarification of the difference from what I have asked for and what the DVLA look for they failed to respond, nor can they or advise me of any alternative means for getting "DVLA Medical" type tests done..

Does anyone know or can advise,
- Exactly what the DVLA Medical test is? (is it only CDT levels)
- Where can I get this done in the Glasgow Area, privately?

Thanks in advance

DVLA only now carry out CDT tests, not the other LFT tests that you have listed.
this lab in Glasgow carry out CDT Tests: http://www.medi-labs.com. Cost about £200
or this: http://bluehorizonmedicals.co.uk/ep...9b91-b6f9-4318-864a-f492cbae7827/Products/CDT. Cost about £150

BUT

i am not sure you need this.
you need to persuade the court about a change in your circumstances and the benefits, particularly for others, that will come from an early restoration of your licence.
the court will be aware that you need to pass the DVLA medical, and this includes a CDT test, so why would they take note of the fact that you will pass it.... afterall, if you fail you will not get it back anyway.
I would be more inclined to get a note from your doctor saying that there is no medical evidence or recent alcohol abuse in your medical notes, and get as much documentary evidence of what benefits will come from an early restoration of your licence as you can.

You are in exactly the same boat as me, I'm due to apply for early removal of disqualification in June. I was considering the medical upfront too but was advised against it for the reasons stated above.

Ive sent you a private message!

You are in exactly the same boat as me, I'm due to apply for early removal of disqualification in June. I was considering the medical upfront too but was advised against it for the reasons stated above.

Ive sent you a private message!

Hi me again, it seems that the private emails are not working. Have you received any?

Hi

I'm in the process in forwarding an application to the convicting Court for the early removal of my disqualification (i.e asking to get my license returned back early)...

I did some checks and believe I do fall into the "High Risk Offenders" category, where a DVLA Medical will definitely be required before my license gets returned.

- I do qualify under section 42 to ask for an early return.
- I have contacted the convicting court, and they've sent me through a pro-forma application and have advised me of the appropriate fees.
- I have solid reasons to ask the court for the DL returned early (1. New job prospect, 2. Changed family situation 3. Good character…)

However I'd like to "bolster" my argument and prove to the court that I don't have any kind of drink related problem and would like to get a Private CDT Test or a Test similar test to that of DVLA's Medical to submit with my application.

( I do fully realise that if the court grants an early return I'll need to get the DVLA CDT Test done anyway...But I want to get one done before hand as I believe it will add more weight to my argument... )

My question would be, where can I get a Private CDT Test or a similar DVLA Medical done in the Glasgow area?

I know from friends that Parkside Private Clinic do the DVLA medical, I contacted them but they refused as they say it has to be referred from the DVLA and I can't request to get one done "Privately" even though they are a "Private Clinic" ... Their response : "...I regret as we are a centre that provides this service for the DVLA it would be inappropriate for us to carry out such tests Privately. I note the blood tests that you are asking for are different from the one carried out by the DVLA."

The test's I asked for were : " Basically a general assessment that would account for :
GGT (Gamma GT) - Gamma-glutamyl transferase,
MCV (Mean Cell Volume) - mean corpuscular volume,
(ALT) – Alanine transaminase,
Aspartate aminotransferase (AST) – Aspartate aminotransferase,
Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin (CDT),
"

When I asked for clarification of the difference from what I have asked for and what the DVLA look for they failed to respond, nor can they or advise me of any alternative means for getting "DVLA Medical" type tests done..

Does anyone know or can advise,
- Exactly what the DVLA Medical test is? (is it only CDT levels)
- Where can I get this done in the Glasgow Area, privately?

"I have solid reasons to ask the court for the DL returned early (1. New job prospect, 2. Changed family situation 3. Good character"

These wont be considered as "solid reasons" by a magistrate. They are weak.

Telling them that you might get a job IF it's offered wont be enough. At the very least you will need an offer letter and statement from the employer offering you a job on the condition that you get back your licence.

Good character wont make any difference either. What alternative is there? They expect you to serve your ban AND be of good character regardless. It's not a reason to grant an early return. Family situations are also irrelevant really, you're banned not your family. They can make other arrangements as they have been doing for the last 24 months.

The reasons you have listed come across a "stock reasons" which the magistrates have all heard before; and rejected. You need something specific and unique.

You have a better chance of an early return 28 months into a 36 month ban, but 24 months into a 36 is a push. People serve 24 month bans for first offences. It depends on the magistrates of course.

You need some hardship examples to stand the best chance plus an offer letter as mentioned above. Then you have a good angle.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Regards
M

Last edited by a moderator:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off