DVLA Medical & Anabolic Steroids

Convicted Driver Insurance

xelad

Hi there everyone, i have been searching online for some solid answers but have found some contradicting answers so though i would seek out my own information. To cut a long story short, im not a big drinker, last February i went out and got far too drunk, had a bit of a conflict with the police and refused to give a specimen.

Anyway my ban is due to be up at the end of May this year however as i am high risk offender i will need to complete a DVLA medical, now as i previously mentioned im not a drinker at all, literally i might have a few beers on a sunday once every 2 months or so, i do not take any recreational drugs what so ever.

However i am currently using exogenous testosterone (steroids) and i am concerned as to whether this will negatively affect my blood test results. I have done some research and come across a few posts that state the test will measure liver enzyme activity, i am aware that use of steroids might influence the results making me fail the test.

Usually i would just drop the course and finish the cycle, however im conscious of sending my hormones up & down as it might affect recovery.

Any help, advice or experience in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

Alex,
you may have had a problem with the old 'liver function test', but these days the medical involved a blood test of your CDT levels, not enzymes so steriods should not influence the medical at all.

Hi there and thanks for your response, i feel better now you made me aware of this so thanks for putting my mind to rest :)

Thanks

Alex

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off