License Reinstatement

Convicted Driver Insurance

crocstarr

Evening All

So I was banned last year. 24th March 2014. For 17 months. I blew 66 road side. Biggest mistake of my life. Lost my job. And nearly lost my wife and Children. New job is a constant struggle. But fortunately back then no-one was hurt, and i've learned a great deal about myself and the whole situation since looking back.
At the time I believed I was banned for 17 months, to be possibly reduced by 25% and it would go down to 13 months upon completion of the drink driver awareness course. I completed the course as soon as it was available. Recently I sent my forms off with certificate. I applied for a new job which includes/ needs driving and was given the start date of 5th May. I was under the impression I could drive somewhere between 17th and 24th April. However my paperwork license has returned stating a 13 month ban from 24th March (therefore 24th April). But my card says 20th May I can drive. Im slightly confused, and need clarification / desperately need to be able to drive asap.
Any thoughts anyone

Regards Chris

I think this is likely to be a simple clerical error at DVLA, but you are not a licence holder at present until 20th May.
you should ring DVLA and point out that they have recorded a 13 month ban and invite them to do the maths again!
contact number is: 0300 7906801

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off