Anyone shed any light on this please? microcytic anaemia and CDT test.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Queent68

Hi,
Can I ask regarding this new CDT Test, if you have Macrocytosis, in my case it's caused by Anemia and not alcohol,I also have vitamin deficiencies, do the DVLA when this count shows up as high, which it will on my test, consult my GP? The reason I ask this as i was once banned, had licence back, then had to go for medical(I understand many fell through the courts on this and that is why i had my licence back for 3 years before I had my medical) . Although I abstained COMPLETELY from any alcohol . i failed my test 3 times, neither time was there any explanation all it said was I had to attend another, in the end, due to other ilnesses I didnt even bother and therefore they took my licence off me completely. Now though I am thinking of reapplying for it, I have chatted with my GP and he has said if they contact him, he will inform them as to my other medical conditions and why my reading would be high. I don't think back then the CDT test was in effect, not sure, however the thought of keep attending these does nothing but fill me with dread after my last experience.
Any advice welcome and appreciated
Thank you

The CDT test has only been in place for under 18 months, so you will not have had this when you were tested before. What you had then was a Liver Function Test, and I believe your condition could have caused a raised Gamma GT result that led to you failing.
the CDT test is supposed to be much more specific to alcohol abuse so you should be OK.
You should inform the doctor who does your medical about your condition and if there are concerns DVLA will contact your doctor and you have already primed him. It may take a while, but you should get a good result in the end.

Thank you, I was always surprised on failing them before, especially never given a reason, this has helped explain things now.:)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off