very lucky lad

Convicted Driver Insurance

dugm

hey guys im new on here would just like to share my experience, So xmas night i went to a party with my gf to her friends house. I was feeling a little down as my younger brother got killed at xmas time last year. So my gf suggested i have a few drinks, well normally i dont drink at all as i drive a lorry for a living, anyway i decided to just have a couple, well next thing i know its midnight and ive drank a 70cl bottle of vodka to myself, and had a little fall out with my gf which resulted in her going home, which is around half a mile from where we were, so me being stupid decided to jump in my car and try and catch her up, stupid mistake!! i only got 100 yards down the road and was stopped by a police van, no road side test got took strait to station and breath tested there, i first blew 91 then 90, locked up all night then charged a let out 9.30 the next morning. Anyway i was at court today 14/1/15 and i got a 15 month ban and a £110 fine £85 costs and £20 victim charge i also got offered the dd course which will take 25% off my ban which i think is 3 month and 3 weeks (please correct me if im wrong on that) ive been driving since i was 17 im now 44, ive had a clean driving license for the past 15 years and i also drive a lorry for a job (well i did), so to be honest i think i got off very lightly for the reading i blew, what do you guys think cheers......

I would say you were very lucky, I blew 102 at the roadside and 93 at the cop shop. I received a 24 month ban 90 hours of community service and about £200 worth of fines. My situation was very similar to yours aswell, stupid mistake but you love and learn don't you! Had my medical last week and my ban ends at the end of this month, so keeping my fingers crossed. If you have any questions about anything I'd be happy to help.

i wouldn't say u were very lucky. but mb its better than 18 month, i still now have 11 month to go. counting the days and weeks.....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off