Default DVLA questioning the ban reduction!!??

Convicted Driver Insurance

price1367

TTC Group
Ste1611
Re your post on the 'ask a solicitor' section. (Only the solicitor can reply on that)
i can confirm that Sean is right. The maximum allowable reduction in a ban, when a person completes a drink drive rehabilitation course is 25%. Therefore the most you could have got off is about 128 days, not 182. I also suspect that this is a typo.
What counts is not the letter, but what the magistrates said in court as they have to tell you the reduction they are offering when they ask you if you want to do a course. If they had tried to say 182 days then the legal advisor would have pulled them up because it is not possible, or even legal, to give that length reduction. What did the Magistrates say in court that they were offering?
DVLA can only operate within the the legal reduction which can be applied. This is clearly set out as being a minimum of 3 months and UP TO 25% of the length of the ban.
check the letter again, because sometimes the court indicate in days when you have to complete the course by, which is usually 2 months before you can apply for your licence back. This is close to he timescale you thought you were working to. If you have not misread the letter, then I would suggest that you should make a complaint about being told incorrect information by letter...... But I am afraid that it will have no effect on the length of the ban you will have to serve.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off