DVLA Delay in booking medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

colinlusted

My ban ends on 10th January 2015. DVLA have only just (5th Dec) sent through my examination detals and the earliest I can get an appt. is 16th Dec. Then there is Christmas and they say it will be at least 4 weeks until I get clearance. That will take it into late January at the earliest!!! Is there anyone that can suggest a course of action that will help me get my licence back on time?

What was the date of your ban and when did you put your application in?

What was the date of your ban and when did you put your application in?
Hi,
July 12, 2013, 2years, reduced by 6 months for the Alcohol awareness course (which I completed). Due to end on 10th January 2015. I received my application form from DVLA in October and returned it the same day (16th I think). I have been chasing them on 3 separate occasions since then. The last one at the end of November 28th. They told me that the letter was sent that day. It arrived Thursday 4th December.
Colin

You were convicted just too late to used section 88 road traffic act to drive pending the outcome of the medical.
Meer posted this last month, with advice on speeding up the process:
http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/general-discussion/67523.htm
you could also advise us the DVLA Doctor that you would attend at short notice if there is a cancellation in the meantime.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off