Drink driving & new job

Convicted Driver Insurance

Kb14

Hi everyone,

I have just joined this site as I need some suggestions to help my new employer.

I was charged with drink driving in May 2012, went to court and tried to explain my special conditions - my drink was spiked and I was attacked by an ex violent partner. In the end I was convicted in August 2013 and received a years ban.

I have just been offered a job as a field sales manager and have explained my conviction. I am not a drink driver, I called the police myself and drove 20 metres towards them for them to help me.

My question to you guys is, if they cannot provide company insurance for me to drive a company car, what other options do I/they have? Ie. paying insurance myself, car allowance instead.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have just joined this site as I need some suggestions to help my new employer.

I was charged with drink driving in May 2012, went to court and tried to explain my special conditions - my drink was spiked and I was attacked by an ex violent partner. In the end I was convicted in August 2013 and received a years ban.

I have just been offered a job as a field sales manager and have explained my conviction. I am not a drink driver, I called the police myself and drove 20 metres towards them for them to help me.

My question to you guys is, if they cannot provide company insurance for me to drive a company car, what other options do I/they have? Ie. paying insurance myself, car allowance instead.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

This is something you will need to discuss with your employer, as it is up to you and them to come to a mutual agreement on the best way forward.

I'm sorry, but I find your post quite offensive regarding the statement you claim 'not to be a drink driver...'?!

And, we are?? We all are, if convicted for DD, then I'm afraid you ARE a drink driver - makes me quite angry when people use this claim when they've only had 1 drink, or they drive the following morning further to a heavy night of intoxication!

I'm sure we ALL have reasons on here, whether they relate to stupid decisions or circumstances like yours, the fact is, we are ALL drink drivers...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off