breathalyzer results

Convicted Driver Insurance

happybarracuda

Hello
I was evolved in a motorcycle accident, only myself hurt no one else around. I was taken to hospital and breathalized once but wasn't told the result of it and then asked to give a blood test.
I have been waiting 4 weeks for the results still no word. I wasn't charged or caushened and given any bail dates.
my main question is are breathalyzer results recorded so I could phone to see what they where to have an idea of the blood results.

It is likely to be 6 weeks before there is a result. Try to contact the officer in the case, if he gave you a card or his police number. If you live in a larger town they may have enquiry officers who follow up cases like this.
If you have no details, just call the local police number and say when the incident took place and they should be able to trace who attended from the action log for that day.

It is likely to be 6 weeks before there is a result. Try to contact the officer in the case, if he gave you a card or his police number. If you live in a larger town they may have enquiry officers who follow up cases like this.
If you have no details, just call the local police number and say when the incident took place and they should be able to trace who attended from the action log for that day.

Hello
still waiting blood results, now week 7.
been looking through the forum and noticed a lot of people asking what there primarily reading on the breathalyser was, I was never given this reading. I have also phoned the police to find it out to be told there isn't a reading it just detects alcohol more a pass fail rather than an actual value. Is this true?
thanks again

The original electronic breath testers used to just go to red for a fail. There was also a tube with crystals in which changed colour from yellow to green according to how much alcohol was in the persons system, with a fail if the crystals changed colour past a line.
Most police forces now use a more up to date version which does give an actual reading, either in breath, or the blood equivalent. Because the reading is not actual evidence,because it is not calibrated and accurate in a way that could be admissible in evidence. Some officers with tell you the reading, some will simply refer to it as a "fail".
i asked a poster recently about her readings on the hand held versus the evidential police station machine because you can compare 2 readings at intervals on the (same) hand held device, but you cannot compare a hand held reading against an evidential one when looking at an upward or downward trend in your reading.

Hi folks
still waiting for a result on a blood test been 10 weeks, I phoned the police today for an up date to be told the sample was not sent for testing until a few weeks after the blood was taken.
It there any time limits on how long blood can sit until it is sent for testing and is there any time limit on how long they have to test the sample. Will the blood taken still be valid after all this time.
Thanks again

Hi folks
still waiting for a result on a blood test been 10 weeks, I phoned the police today for an up date to be told the sample was not sent for testing until a few weeks after the blood was taken.
It there any time limits on how long blood can sit until it is sent for testing and is there any time limit on how long they have to test the sample. Will the blood taken still be valid after all this time.
Thanks again

Hi don,t know if this is of any help but had my DVLA medical yesterday and asked the doctor about samples and how long it takes and he told me the blood should be tested within 96 hours as it has a limited shelf life if they were testing to prosecute think it may be too late but can,t say for sure only reason i asked doctor was because of xmas coming up and he,s only had one case where it wasn,t tested in time and they had to go back for another sample

I think the mention of 96 hours was without refrigeration..... but of course after several weeks, the question could be asked: "where was it stored and under what conditions?" If the result comes back under, then it is academic. If it comes back over, you may be able to make a case for a disputed 'chain of custody' or that the sample became corrupted during the prolonged delay.
I am not aware of a specific 'cut off' time scale for a sample to be too old.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off