Advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

Bob123

Blew 105 at roadside then provided blood sample 2 hours later in hospital. Was single car accident involving a lamp post and 2 passengers with me both unhurt.

need my car for work

i know I'll be getting a ban, what's the likelyness of what I will receive

Blew 105 at roadside then provided blood sample 2 hours later in hospital. Was single car accident involving a lamp post and 2 passengers with me both unhurt.

need my car for work

Hi, is this your first driving offence? and how many points do you have if any?

This is a first offence and I have a clean licence as of March this year where my sp30 from 2010 was clear

Oh ok. Well referring back to my case. I had a clean licence and received 18 months ban with the option of reducing that by25 percent doing a course. Also got a 500 fine. Turn up on the day looking smart and sorry. Do your ban, learn fromyour mistake and get back. Onthe road. How long you had your licence for?

Oh ok. Well referring back to my case. I had a clean licence and received 18 months ban with the option of reducing that by25 percent doing a course. Also got a 500 fine. Turn up on the day looking smart and sorry. Do your ban, learn fromyour mistake and get back. Onthe road. How long you had your licence for?

Ok thanks. I'm 23 and had my licence for just over 6 years

need my car for work

The sentence you receive will largely depend on the level of alcohol in your system as proven by the blood sample you provided. If you have part of the blood sample that was taken you can pay to have it independently tested, a list of analytical chemists who can do this can be found here. Having your own sample tested, if you have one, will prepare you for what is to come quicker than waiting for the blood test results off the police.

You can see the magistrates sentencing guidelines for driving with excess alcohol here. As a first time offender, you are likely to benefit from the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course, completing the course will award you a reduction of up to 25% off the length of any disqualification imposed.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. I'm 23 and had my licence for just over 6 years

Same age as me. Plus I had my licence for 5 years. You'll be pleased to hear you wont have to do your driving test again as you've had your licence for 3 or more years. Which I found a result...

I also blew 103 at the station (refused to provide a specimen for analysis on the roadside)

Your classed as a high risk offender and your going to get a letter telling you this 3 months before your ban ends. I'm jumping the gun slightly here seeing as you haven't received your ban yet but its still useful information so that you know what's to come.

Let us know on here how you get on in court so we can advise you further!

Same age as me. Plus I had my licence for 5 years. You'll be pleased to hear you wont have to do your driving test again as you've had your licence for 3 or more years. Which I found a result...

I also blew 103 at the station (refused to provide a specimen for analysis on the roadside)

Your classed as a high risk offender and your going to get a letter telling you this 3 months before your ban ends. I'm jumping the gun slightly here seeing as you haven't received your ban yet but its still useful information so that you know what's to come.

Let us know on here how you get on in court so we can advise you further!
Thanks for the information has been very helpful. I've dropped off my blood sample today and will get the results on Thursday. I'm worried about getting community service or curfew aswell as the ban which I will receive

Bob123,
with a 2 hour delay before the blood sample was taken, you may get lucky and your result comes in at under 200. If it does, then you will not be classed as a high risk offender and will not have to do a medical. The roadside 105 is not evidence, just an indication on a non calibrated device.

Bob123,
with a 2 hour delay before the blood sample was taken, you may get lucky and your result comes in at under 200. If it does, then you will not be classed as a high risk offender and will not have to do a medical. The roadside 105 is not evidence, just an indication on a non calibrated device.
Had my result back from the independent tester and its came in as 161.6 so obviously way over.

Had my result back from the independent tester and its came in as 161.6 so obviously way over.

The good news is as your blood test result did not exceed 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood you will NOT be classed as a high risk offender.

Upon a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a blood reading of 161.6 magistrates sentencing guidelines suggest a band C fine and a driving disqualification of between 17 and 22 months. As stated previously, the majority of first time offenders usually benefit from the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course, once you complete the course, if you choose to do so, you will be awarded a reduction in your driving disqualification of up to 25%.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you. Please let us know how you get on at court so it can help people in the future who find themselves in a similar same situation.

The good news is as your blood test result did not exceed 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood you will NOT be classed as a high risk offender.

Upon a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a blood reading of 161.6 magistrates sentencing guidelines suggest a band C fine and a driving disqualification of between 17 and 22 months. As stated previously, the majority of first time offenders usually benefit from the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course, once you complete the course, if you choose to do so, you will be awarded a reduction in your driving disqualification of up to 25%.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you. Please let us know how you get on at court so it can help people in the future who find themselves in a similar same situation.
Does the pleading guilty at first instance knock the time of the ban aswell as the 25% if offered?

No.
I have to put something else as the above reply is too short......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off