Just been charged at the weekend. Advice please.

Convicted Driver Insurance

dumbjoe

Hi

I went to a friends house after the pub on saturday and decided I couldn't sleep on the floor. It had been a roughly 3 hours since my last drink and I thought I would be under the limit.

I stupidly got in my car (6am), and a minute from arriving at my house I clipped a kerb (ones that stick out on a priority road) and and ended up damaging a parked car's front tyre and breaking my own. My car has been written off due to bad wheel/wishbone damage. I simply couldn't afford to have it moved, assessed and stored and seemed to have no choice.

I blew 45 at the station and so charged dr10.

This is my first offence but would the fact I was I caused an accident increase my ban? Is it worth a early guilty plea?

Thank you

Try not to expend too much energy worrying about it, easier said than done I know. There is nothing much you can do but take it on the chin. I reckon you'll get 12 months but neither here nor there really. Best of luck and chin up.

Thanks for the reply.

It has been a few weeks now since the incident and I have become much calmer over the situation. Court day is tomorrow morning, but as you say, it will likely be 12-14 and hopefully an opportunity to reduce with the course.

Appreciate your words, especially when i see that my situation is mostly less severe than fellow members on the forum.

Let us know how you get on in court sir!

Got there early, sat with the court regulars. There's actually a new rule in Bath magistrates that the duty solicitors won't now deal with majority of motoring/tv license and other non imprisonment charges, but I managed to get a few minutes with her. The key idea being if you are not paying to go full defense, go in and look remorseful.

Got 12 months and a £525 fine. Not sure they really took into account I lost my car and have absolutely no savings but anyway, could've been worse. Mentioned I'd take the course so 9 months it will be I think. Funnily enough the Jury lady mentioned June 02 would be my last day but she's a month out!

I didn't receive any documentation for the ban only the fine payment. I guess the DVLA will know all this.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off