4 days!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jetsetter

So I'm just coming to the end of my 16 month ban in 4 days and I can't wait. I've already bought myself a car (62 plate Astra 1.6 turbo in dark grey) with the money I've saved over the past year and arranged the insurance so I can drive away Saturday. Had a really good night out this Saturday just gone as it's the last time I'll be able to do it, last thing I need now is a 'morning after' offence. Strangely I paid 3000 back in September 2012 for my insurance just after I passed my test before being banned just before my first year on the road. Now they're quoting me 2100 and considering I have an SP30, DR10 and a fault claim on the insurance I just don't get it. All I can put it down to is not shopping around enough for my first insurance and taking the cheapest quote on confused.com.

The past 12 months flew by, I can't believe it was this time last year when I went to court. It did feel like a long winter and of course that feeling most of us know of being stranded having no license. Well, at least I can enjoy what's left of the summer and go visiting friends down in Cambridge again. :)

The words of the magistrate will stick with me this time: 'you booze, you cruise, you lose'.

So I'm just coming to the end of my 16 month ban in 4 days and I can't wait. I've already bought myself a car (62 plate Astra 1.6 turbo in dark grey) with the money I've saved over the past year and arranged the insurance so I can drive away Saturday. Had a really good night out this Saturday just gone as it's the last time I'll be able to do it, last thing I need now is a 'morning after' offence. Strangely I paid 3000 back in September 2012 for my insurance just after I passed my test before being banned just before my first year on the road. Now they're quoting me 2100 and considering I have an SP30, DR10 and a fault claim on the insurance I just don't get it. All I can put it down to is not shopping around enough for my first insurance and taking the cheapest quote on confused.com.

The past 12 months flew by, I can't believe it was this time last year when I went to court. It did feel like a long winter and of course that feeling most of us know of being stranded having no license. Well, at least I can enjoy what's left of the summer and go visiting friends down in Cambridge again. :)

The words of the magistrate will stick with me this time: 'you booze, you cruise, you lose'.

Well done for getting through your ban mate.

I wish I was like you in that the months flew by, for me it has been the longest nine months of my life.

Well done for getting through your ban mate.

I wish I was like you in that the months flew by, for me it has been the longest nine months of my life.

Same, I hate having to wish my life away but that is what I do each and every morning, "one less day to go" sort of mentality. This past year has been an existence pretty much. Get ferried to and from work and sit around feeling sorry for myself when not at work.

To the OP, great stuff. We got the same length of ban. I'm approaching 12 months in, struggling at the moment so having a pop by the forum for some moral support!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off