on phone and caught speeding by mobile camera

Convicted Driver Insurance

ryan1981

Hi there dont know if this is the right place for this I just joined a few mins ago . I was caught by the police picking my mobile phone up from my van floor (around my feet) the kind police man says I was using my mobile n gave me a ticket which I ignored I have had letters threw my door I presume but I have been working away from home so havent got any off them , now the police are looking for me if I hide for a while will they go away?I also got caught going 82mph in a 70 but a mobile camera my work named me as the driver but same again ive not been home due to working away so havent got any the letters so havent answered them ...any advice anyond could share with me ps I have had my licence for 9yr and have had nothing till these in january and may this hasnt been a good yr so far so if I get any replys they will prob no be what am wanting to here.thanks for reading .

Hi there dont know if this is the right place for this I just joined a few mins ago . I was caught by the police picking my mobile phone up from my van floor (around my feet) the kind police man says I was using my mobile n gave me a ticket which I ignored I have had letters threw my door I presume but I have been working away from home so havent got any off them , now the police are looking for me if I hide for a while will they go away?I also got caught going 82mph in a 70 but a mobile camera my work named me as the driver but same again ive not been home due to working away so havent got any the letters so havent answered them ...any advice anyond could share with me ps I have had my licence for 9yr and have had nothing till these in january and may this hasnt been a good yr so far so if I get any replys they will prob no be what am wanting to here.thanks for reading .

Hi,

In all honesty you would be better posting on www.pepipoo.com in the 'speeding and other criminal offences section'. You will be told exactly what to do.

If these are circa 6 months ago then both have probably been summons for Court as the conditional offer of a fixed penalty (COFP) in both cases was not accepted and the speeding has probably been changed to a charge of 'failing to furnish' i.e no driver was identified which is 6 points + bigger court fine and the mobile phone use being 3 points and bigger Court fine.

If they have you will have been found guilty in your absence. You can check your licence to see if any points have been added here https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number

You could well have 9 points and 2 outstanding fines but as you were away (for the speeding/failing to furnish) you can make a statutory declaration to the Courts that you were not available to answer the charge and it should be reverted back to the initial phase of identifying the driver and accepting the COFP. The mobile phone use will be more difficult as you were stopped at the time so aware of it.

Hope that didnt come across as complicated but as I said pepipoo is where you need to be. Just copy and paste your original post so you dont need to write it all again.

FYI the definition of 'use of a mobile' is vague even in law so if it was in your hand, a Court will 99% convict. 'Use' is not restricted to actual use such as calling or texting. Its a bit of a grey area.

EDIT - Just read your company named you as the driver so not sure if you would have needed to confirm that or if failing to furnish would kick in.

Sorry cant help more.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying ave checked my licence thereaps none been added thank god ,my worked had named me as the driver of the van for the speeding as it was hired threw them , thanks again.

Thanks for replying ave checked my licence thereaps none been added thank god ,my worked had named me as the driver of the van for the speeding as it was hired threw them , thanks again.

Hmm dont be too hopeful! It could be at some sort of Court stage and not dealt with yet!

You are welcome, hope you can get some better answers on pepipoo, you need to go there urgently.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off