9 month ban?

Convicted Driver Insurance

iidiot

Hi, I've completed the drink driving course so my 12 month ban is now 9, however something is bothering me, I was at court on the 1st of May 2014, 9 months from that date would be the 1st of February 2015 correct?

However I remember in court the magistrates telling me after completing the course I'll be allowed to drive on the 29th of January 2015, also the letter from the solicitors reviewing my case and giving me the details also said it be allowed to drive on the 29th of January.

Now I know it's only a few days difference but I love driving and miss it so much and can't wait to get back behind the wheel, but how can it be a 9 month ban if it's a few days short?

Different courts set the 'discount' in different ways. You are right that you get a 3 month reduction for doing the course, and the case of your court what they have done is that they have interpreted that as 13 weeks.... So because you have February in between the old ban date and the new one, it pulls your driving date forward a couple of days.
when you get your licence back in the post, look at the date on it..... That is the first day that you can legally drive on.

Ok thank you, after I made this thread it dawned on me that it's a 25% reduction not specifically 3 months, so 12 months, 365 days/4 = 91.25, so 92 days, may the 1st would be the 12 months date so 92 days before may the 1st is the 29th of January, could just be a coincidence as what you've said makes sense, a few days won't make much difference lol but I'll do what you said and check the date on my licence when it comes back.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off