Dvla medical????

Convicted Driver Insurance

Chiinkson

Hi,

Seem to be reading mixed answers on this forum so gonna ask the question myself and hopefully get a more concrete answer. How long do I have to abstain from alcohol before my dvla medical? Also will anabolic steroids show up on the medical? And if so will they affect the outcome?

Chiinkson - I do agree that there are many variations as to how long you abstain from alcohol.

My experience - I am not a regular drinker - more a binge drinker at weekends, Vodka.

My medical was on a Friday and the previous weekend I consumed about a half litre of Vodka over the course of 2 nights. I drank loads of water and took Milk Thistle tablets a week before the medical. I passed and got a 10 year licence.

Again everyone will have an opinion and did read a lot of conflicting posts - some say abstain for at least 3 months etc......

Its your choice as to what you think is right.

Chiinkson - I do agree that there are many variations as to how long you abstain from alcohol.

My experience - I am not a regular drinker - more a binge drinker at weekends, Vodka.

My medical was on a Friday and the previous weekend I consumed about a half litre of Vodka over the course of 2 nights. I drank loads of water and took Milk Thistle tablets a week before the medical. I passed and got a 10 year licence.

Again everyone will have an opinion and did read a lot of conflicting posts - some say abstain for at least 3 months etc......

Its your choice as to what you think is right.

hi how long did it take for you to get your licence back was it longer than the 90days from the date you applied I will be sending for mine 1 august and as I ban will end on the 1 November

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off