Alcohol abuse not drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

stelladevil

Hi its NOT a drink drive question,,,,,,

I was banned for 6 months for alcohol abuse and I dont know if I have to have a medical?????

I also have been drinking through the 6 months but not heavy and i am worried about the medical! Any supplements that can help me repair my liver? I read milk thistle?

How long should I stop drinking before?

Anyone else been I this situation?

Thanks #worried

Stelladevil,
I see you have posted a question with this topic title, but you have posted it on the 'ask a solicitor' section.
I think you are being a bit unfair to complain about people reading your post but no replies have been made, especially when you say yourself that it is not a question about drink driving, but you ask it on a drink driving forum.....
Only the solicitor who gives advice on here can reply to posts on the 'ask a solicitor' section, the title gives you that clue.... And do you really expect a solicitor to answer you since you posted your question on Saturday lunchtime?
if you want an earlier reply than Monday, you need to post on the open part of the forum, here. Either way, I think you need to give a bit more information before anyone can advise you. What exactly did you do to receive a 6 month ban? Have you been told what medical you will have, and how long before you have to do it? How much alcohol do you drink daily? I presume you are a female from your title.

I'm sorry if you expected a quicker response but the Ask a Solicitor forum does explain that a response can be expected within one working day and post was only yesterday which was a Saturday.

It's not entirely clear from your post but it sounds as though your licence has been suspended on medical grounds by the DVLA based on alcohol dependency, rather than you having been banned by a court.

It's likely you will be required to undergo a further medical before your licence is reinstated and if you have been drinking heavily then obviously this could adversely affect the result of that medical and any liver function tests that might be carried out.

Unfortunately I cannot give you medical advice about how to mitigate the effects of your alcohol consumption as this is not legal advice, which is the purpose of this forum.

Stelladevil,
I see you haveosted a question with this topic title, but you have posted it on the 'ask a solicitor' section.
I think you are being a bit unfair to complain about people reading your post but no replies have been made, especially when you say yourself that it is not a question about drink driving, but you ask it on a drink driving forum.....
Only the solicitor who gives advice on here can reply to posts on the 'ask a solicitor' section, the title gives you that clue.... And do you really expect a solicitor to answer you since you posted your question on Saturday lunchtime?
if you want an earlier reply than Monday, you need to post on the open part of the forum, here. Either way, I think you need to give a bit more information before anyone can advise you. What exactly did you do to receive a 6 month ban? Have you been told what medical you will have, and how long before you have to do it? How much alcohol do you drink daily? I presume you are a female from your title.

Oopsy new member sorry

I got a 6 month ban for alcohol dependency as said In question

I dont know if ive to have a medical as I askedin my question

I dont know how long as I dont know if I need one as said

I only drink a 2 beers a day at the moment

And stella is the devil as my title stelladevil im a 42 year old 16 st body builder who ests clean and trains hard

Thank you and sorry for posting I the wrong forum

You have to be clear about what you have had imposed on you. Alcohol misuse and alcohol dependancy are 2 different categories, and carry 2 different sanctions. I think it must be for misuse, as withdrawal for dependancy is for a minimum of 12 months, and you say it is for 6 months.
this is what DVLA say about misuse:

ALCOHOL MISUSE

"Persistent alcohol misuse, confirmed by medical enquiry and/or by evidence of otherwise unexplained abnormal blood markers, requires licence revocation or refusal until a minimum six month period of controlled drinking or abstinence has been attained, with normalisation of blood parameters.

Patient to seek advice from medical or other sources during the period off the road."

And about getting your licence back:

"Will require satisfactory medical reports from own doctor(s) and may require independent medical examination and blood tests, arranged by DVLA. Consultant support/referral may be necessary."

Have you you been seeking advice from your doctor or another suitable source about your drinking? You will need your doctor on your side when it comes to making an application to get your licence back, and it does say a minimum of 6 months, not simply 6 months. Was it your GP who referred you to DVLA for alcohol misuse?

Thank you yea i have my doctor on side and we even appealed it but it was rejected ( no surprise) i got stopped for driving erratically due to the medication i was on making me sleepy, i was already clean of alcohol for 2 weeks when i was stopped. then the police breath tested me which i was clear, then they asked the dvla to check my medication and in my notes said that i had been to the doctor and admitted drinking to much hence why i had given up....................

Quite scary when you have pointed out it says a minimum of 6 months not 6 months i never noticed that!

ive not been drinking heavy just the odd beer over the past two months i was clean for 4 months but im still a little worried about passing, ive started taking milk thistle and vitamin B and vitamin C

i eat really healthy but im worried!

Hi m8 I had similar problem while applying for a pcv renewal but had 12 month revoked. you will have to have a medical I would refrain from drinking for about 2-3 weeks before to be safe. If you get a licence application form from post office and send it off they should then advise you when and who they want you to see. hope that helps

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off