Can my husband be fired

Convicted Driver Insurance

bags

I was just wondering if anyone knows of work related rights when you lose your license? My husband was arrested for drink driving and is certain to get a 3 year ban as it is not the first time and his boss has suspended him until court and said that when he officially loses his license he will be sacked. When it happened before his boss kept him on, he is a vehicle technician and does engine diagnostic work, the last time my husband continued his diagnostic work and got someone else in the workshop to do the test drives, but this time he is saying it's because it makes his business look bad. So can he do this?

I think your husband will have to check what his contract of employment says.
if it is necessary for him to test drive vehicles as part of his diagnostic work, his boss might have allowed him to not complete jobs by getting another employee to finish the work by doing the test drive part as a gesture to help him. Now, faced with this happening again, but for 3 years, he may take the view that he does not want to extend the same gesture again.
it might also make a difference if he has been employed for under 2 years, as this makes it easier to sack an employee.
if his contract makes no mention of 'gross misconduct' or specifying test driving cars as a part of his job description, then he should consult a solicitor with a view to pointing out to his employer that he could be facing an unfair dismissal case if he goes ahead with the sacking.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off