DVLA Medical fear

Convicted Driver Insurance

vk1972

Hi All, am new to this and very ashamed of what happened however am trying to get over this - I was banned for 2 yers for high reading and have done the course to reduce ban, the issue i have is that I have anxiety and insommnia and am on meds for this and the past year have been back and forth to doctors with various panic and anxiety and been given diazapam etc.. I have now today stopped drinking as my licence due back in Septemeber however I am really worried that due to my medical problems i wont get my licence back does anyone have any advice I havent spoken to my doctor about the drink drive ban and really dont want to but not sure what to do really if I dont get my licence back it will be a nightmare for me. Does anyone have any advice at all - shouold i speak to the doctor and tell him whats been going on or do I just not mention it.

I think you should talk to your doctor.
Ask him to do a CDT test (blood) as this is the test that DVLA have done to determine if you have an alcohol problem. This will give you a benchmark to see how close you are to passing, or failing that part of the process. You do not have to give up alcohol to pass the medical, just stick to guidelines for sensible drinking and you can pass. (3-4 units per day, 21 to 28 per week with one alcohol free day per week)
You will have to complete a questionnaire when you do your medical, and DVLA are likely to check with your doctor to see if he has any concerns. They can look at your medical history over the past 3 years, and will consider alcohol or substance use that could affect your ability to drive, which would include medication that the doctor has prescribed for you.
So your doctor will probably be consulted by DVLA anyway, that is why you may as well consult him now and try to get him on board and work with him to get to a position where he, and DVLA, will agree that you are fit to drive.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off