dvla want me to take a 2nd medical 6months after the 1st one

Convicted Driver Insurance

markcoll

hi I applied for my license back last year I was a high risk driver so had to take a medical,
I did the medical and after waiting ages for the dvlas decision I was told they were still dealing with it but could legally drive under section 88 , six months have passed and still no license they have sent me another letter saying I must go for another medical which they will cover the cost for , why is this ? regards mark

hi I applied for my license back last year I was a high risk driver so had to take a medical,
I did the medical and after waiting ages for the dvlas decision I was told they were still dealing with it but could legally drive under section 88 , six months have passed and still no license they have sent me another letter saying I must go for another medical which they will cover the cost for , why is this ? regards mark

Hiya, perhaps something flagged up on the last medical and they have finally decided that they want you to do this to see if whatever it was that was bothering them (perhaps about the blood test)? is ok now before issuing you with a licence? When did you have the last medical? Have you rung them to ask? Are you a regular drinker (don't have to answer of course) and lastly, would there be anything on your medical notes over the last few years to say you had abused alcohol etc?? Them paying for the medical is fair enough really, they are the ones wanting more info, so rightly they should pay....

Moodle

hi thanks for your reply it was june last year I did chase them up a few times and was told everything was in place and not to worry, because I was told I could drive under section 88 I left it which was silly of me I no , but I changed address recently and thought illed finally get it all sorted and that's when they sent me another letter saying I was still allowed to drive but would have to take another medical at one of there doctors which they would foot the bill for its all just getting a bit stressfull now tbh. everything with the dvla is long winded , I usually drink 1nce a week usually a couple bottles of wine shared with my wife , im only 26 and in a very active construction job so would class my self as fit ...
thanks mark

Thats ridiculous it has cost me so much money getting my licence back 90new licence .90 for medial. 170 for course to shorten ban . And obviously the 5days if had to take off work . And I still havnt got it . And the problem is now im starting a new job which I will be given a hire van but will I be able to drive it while I'm driving around with just a section 88 cover letter?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off