challenging the DVLA in court

Convicted Driver Insurance

jameseh74

Hello, Im very new to this so hope im doing it right.
Is anyone able to assist with any knowledge / info about challenging the DVLA when they have refused to allow a licence folliwiung a ban for DD? In short, my son was done for 2 years ban but did course so 18 months but the DVLA refused his licence at the end because of medical info from his doctors about drinking too much in the past and sadly some previous drug use (apparently DVLA can access medical records now?). Any help on the legal appeal / challenge would be grateful. Thanks. Jim

Hello, Im very new to this so hope im doing it right.
Is anyone able to assist with any knowledge / info about challenging the DVLA when they have refused to allow a licence folliwiung a ban for DD? In short, my son was done for 2 years ban but did course so 18 months but the DVLA refused his licence at the end because of medical info from his doctors about drinking too much in the past and sadly some previous drug use (apparently DVLA can access medical records now?). Any help on the legal appeal / challenge would be grateful. Thanks. Jim

You can appeal against a medical revocation by the DVLA to the Magistrates court. This must be done within 6 months. You will need to be able to show on the balance of probabilities that your son is in good health and fit to drive.

I would advise contacting a solicitor to help you with the appeal process in order to help achieve the best possible outcome if you decide to go ahead and appeal the DVLA's decision.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off