576 Driving Offences

Convicted Driver Insurance

AndyCabs

Well Known Member
A disqualified driver with 576 previous convictions has been jailed for four months for drink driving.
He was twice over the legal alcohol limit when he was stopped driving home from a bar last Christmas. He also had no insurance.
At the time he was still banned from driving over offences for which he was jailed for three months in 2009.
The judge said Convey had the worst criminal record he had ever seen.
He had 519 convictions for road traffic offences, including 74 for driving while disqualified.
The judge said he believed no record as bad as Convey's existed in Northern Ireland.
In jailing him and disqualifying him from driving for five years, the judge said he had a duty to protect the public from harm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-26548119

Hey Strontium

Have you been driving much now you have the licence.

Still waiting on my confirmation letter that I passed the medical. Phoned Coleraine on Monday and all they would say is they are dealing with the mail in date order and I would receive it in due course - I just wanted to make sure it had been received !!!

Hate all this waiting.

Hi Andy...Have been driving a little in my fathers 4x4 as it was insured for ANY driver (a very rare policy type these days)...have been doing loads of practice theory tests and will put in for today if I get the time...
Don't bother phoning Coleraine...they are less than helpful and seem Ill informed...just wait...it will come...I was nearly bad with my nerves waiting on the postman...it should (the letter) be here this week

Guys
You're right about Coleraine. What a load of dossers they are. I spoke to one of the staff last week and another one today. They seem so fekkin lazy they can't even be bothered to speak correctly. Any question seems to be met with a sigh and an attitude that makes you feel like you're being a fekkin nuisance!
Anyway, I was calling them to check they had my application as my ban is up on Monday, so just 4 days to go.
The latest clown I spoke to today told me they have it but they're closed next Monday so it'll be Tuesday before they look at it and after that it will take up to 3 weeks before I get it.
3 fekkin weeks??? What a load of lazy bolloxs they are!

Sorry for the rant but I can't deal with incompetent people! lol

Last edited:
No wonder they're on a go slow....

The government has chopped them
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-26559144

How will I apply for my extended test as I can't book it online and have to book it in a test centre or on the phone...who do I phone?

BTW Chris...it took 5 months from when I applied until I had the license although I had to wait to do the medical...my ban was up in Sept

Last edited:
Strontium, I read that it will be Christmas before the work transfers to Swansea so you should be OK with booking the extended test.

Are you sure it is an extended test you have to do. You wouldn't want the hassle of doing that if it was just an ordinary driving test. Maybe best to check with the Court. The Magistrates Court that sentenced you should be able to give the answer.

Use the following link: http://www.courtsni.gov.uk/en-GB/ContactDetails/Pages/default.aspx

Chris, when I phoned on Monday they had an information announcement to say they were issuing licences that had been received on 03rd March so they are working with applications 7 days previous. You might be lucky and get you licence a lot sooner.

Andy...I'm pretty sure it's the extended test as the endorsement says 3YRDUT (disqualified until tested) and I think this means this...I'm applying for the theory test next week and when I pass it will deal with the practical..

When you get your license see what the endorsement says

Chris, when I phoned on Monday they had an information announcement to say they were issuing licences that had been received on 03rd March so they are working with applications 7 days previous. You might be lucky and get you licence a lot sooner.

I can only live in hope Andy! Thanks for that, maybe the clown I spoke to was just reeling off the standard reply they give everyone to keep themselves right.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off