dvla medical questionnaire

Convicted Driver Insurance

kaiteydoll

I was banned 5 years ago for drink driving and have misused alcohol regularly during this time.
However for the past year ive improved massively and applied to get my licence back a few weeks ago.
I was fully expecting a medical as I was a hro, however what I received was a questionnaire, before I'm even allowed the medical!
The problem I have is that the questionnaire is asking for the last 3 years history, whereas I thought the rules were only 1 year for dependence and 6 months for misuse?
I have never been dependent, though have miused during the past 3 years, but not past 6 months.
If I answer the questionnaire truthfully I dont even think I'll get to the medical stage.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
Many thanks

I was banned 5 years ago for drink driving and have misused alcohol regularly during this time.
However for the past year ive improved massively and applied to get my licence back a few weeks ago.
I was fully expecting a medical as I was a hro, however what I received was a questionnaire, before I'm even allowed the medical!
The problem I have is that the questionnaire is asking for the last 3 years history, whereas I thought the rules were only 1 year for dependence and 6 months for misuse?
I have never been dependent, though have miused during the past 3 years, but not past 6 months.
If I answer the questionnaire truthfully I dont even think I'll get to the medical stage.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
Many thanks

Assuming you have taken the medical and questionnaire kaiteydoll, would you mind me asking did you pass? how did you find the questions they asked you? were you completely honest in all questions?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off