think i messed up help please

Convicted Driver Insurance

tonygers

hi,
i lost my licsence for failing to produce a breath test.i was due to get my appointment through for my doctors blood test.but i called them today to ask about medication im on for anxiety and they said now you have told us this we need to contact the medical board etc and my appointment will be delayed.

if i hadnt called them would the doctor at my test asked me about medications im on?

or have i put my foot in it?

thanks in advance

if i hadnt called them would the doctor at my test asked me about medications im on?

or have i put my foot in it?

thanks in advance

Yes the dvla doctor would of asked about current medication. If the medication is very short term, I am inclined to think that you have put your foot in it. However if it is long term medication and it is likely to affect your driving, then you have done the right thing and let the advisory panel decide on your fitness to drive. Sadly you might have a long wait, what does your GP say about your medication or are you prepared to tell us what the medication is?

hi,
how long can the advisery commitee take roughly as im due my liscence back in 7 weeks but not had anything from them?

thanks

Off the top of my head there is a 3 month waiting list on top of how long your doctor takes to reply to the questionnaire. If they decide to write to your doctor a 2nd time then double it. My case is now in it's 9th month and I am about to have the blood test soon. However providing your doctor has not advised you not to drive, then in your case you can drive under section 88 of the RTA 1988.

hi,
my doctor said im fine to drive i checked with him last month.so hopefully i can drive.where did you go for insurance if thats ok to ask?
thanks

hi again,i mean to ask whats the procedure to drive while waiting?
do i have to get a letter from my doctor or do they write?

thanks

hi again,i mean to ask whats the procedure to drive while waiting?
do i have to get a letter from my doctor or do they write?

thanks

If you were convicted and disqualified before 1st June 2013 then you are likely to retain the legal entitlement to drive under section 88 of The Road Traffic Act 1988 upon expiration of your driving disqualification and while you wait for the DVLA to come to a decision on your fitness to drive.

You can find more information about this here. In any case, contact the DVLA who can ascertain your legal entitlement to drive and send out a cover note/letter verifying this while you await the results of your medical and a decision from the DVLA.

hi,i
read that article but i was told by bristol.red on here it is as long as i have my doctors permision,
i was just curious as to how i let the dvla know my doctor says im fine to drive if that makes sense.

thanks again

hi,i
read that article but i was told by bristol.red on here it is as long as i have my doctors permision,
i was just curious as to how i let the dvla know my doctor says im fine to drive if that makes sense.

thanks again

While your doctor can advise you that your are fit or not to drive, in his/her opinion and can provide information to the DVLA about your fitness to drive, ultimately, it is the DVLA that is the driving licence authority in the UK, not your doctor.

It is always best to contact the DVLA for both verbal and written confirmation of your legal entitlement to drive under section 88. Your doctor does not need to write to the DVLA in order for you to drive under section 88.

Last edited:
hi,i
but i was told by bristol.red on here it is as long as i have my doctors permision,

tonygers, please read post number 4 of this thread again, I did not say "as long as you as you have your doctors permission". What I said was " providing your doctor has not advised you not to drive, then in your case you can drive under section 88 of the RTA 1988.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off