Dvla medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mikey42

Hi my names mikey42 was just wondering if there's anybody out there who can help me with my question. I had my medical on the 3/6/2013 as this is what I'm required to do as a HRO . This morning 22/6/2013 I got a letter from the DVLA stating that they needed to contact my GP for to make further enquiries, now considering I haven't drank at all for just short of 12 months now and am fit as a fiddle , was just a little concerned to what information they needed from my doctor. ANybody help?Mikey42.

What info did you put on your questionnaire? Previous detox, drug use etc?
I was just honest. No detox, never been a big drinker, never done drugs, not drank now for approx 11 months, I am just not sure why they would want to contact myGP.

My advice is give it a week or so, then contact your GP's surgery and ask what dvla want to know. You are entitled to do this, then come back and tell us on this forum. It might help others.

I'm not going to leave it that long! I was told that my doctor would of received the letter same time as I did so will be making an appointment for Tuesday and will be asking that very question! I've waited 3 years for my license back and not only myself as suffered but my family too. Yes I made a dreadful mistake but believe I have paid the price. I've stopped drinking altogether now and just want to close this particular chapter in my life and move on.

I'm not going to leave it that long! I was told that my doctor would of received the letter same time as I did so will be making an appointment for Tuesday and will be asking that very question!

This is a good idea, it might make your GP reply to them a lot faster. I wish I did this too because my GP takes 6 weeks on average to send a reply back. Thank you for the tip:)

No probs! Will keep you updated on my progress! I kind of heard that DVLA contact your GP as procedure with HRO's, hoping that just could just be the case.

Hi there

My understanding is that they only contact your GP if you get amber on the CDT blood test. That's what it says on the DVLA website anyway.

Good luck

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off