Very scared......

Convicted Driver Insurance

louby

Hi. Wondering if anyone can help??! In court on thursday,yes,drink driving.Im prepared to face consequences.First ever offence(never even had parking ticket before) What Im worried about,is if I will be in local paper? I have a nasty ex who doesn't know my where abouts.News spreads,and im sure he will find out.Anyway i can stop this happening?? Scared enough about the whole ordeal.Thanks....

hi there , i doubt very much if you will make your local paper so dont worry .

I really REALLY hope not :-\ there have been couple articles in paper related to drink driving.Can see it now " miss **** was caught drink driving.Single mum of two children.please feel free to throw stones at this address.....***' Sheesh. slightly panicking...

unless you gave a seriously high reading hit a couple of cars etc etc there could be a slight chance i guess , im from a small town in norfolk and i didn't make the paper

unless you gave a seriously high reading hit a couple of cars etc etc there could be a slight chance i guess , im from a small town in norfolk and i didn't make the paper

noooo...... Stupidly went to pick friend in need up. 88 on breathalizer. Absolutely scared stiff about it all. Own stupid fault.Lesson learnt!!!! Mountain bike ready to be swept off and used....

noooo...... Stupidly went to pick friend in need up. 88 on breathalizer. Absolutely scared stiff about it all. Own stupid fault.Lesson learnt!!!! Mountain bike ready to be swept off and used....

Get rid of mountain bike and buy a hybrid or a road bike.

If you're going guilty then worst case you could be looking at 17-22 month disq. I wouldn't want to be riding a mountain bike for that long, so get yourself something a wee bit nippier. You soon get used to cycling instead of driving and the time does fly by!

Get rid of mountain bike and buy a hybrid or a road bike.

If you're going guilty then worst case you could be looking at 17-22 month disq. I wouldn't want to be riding a mountain bike for that long, so get yourself something a wee bit nippier. You soon get used to cycling instead of driving and the time does fly by!
Hybrid?? urrr....bit thick on what bikes :p Proper worrying now about tomorrow. Hope judge ok and not too harsh. just cleaned out my car(long over due and filthy from horse and dog hair!!) Maybe,I can ride daughters horse?! well. D-day tomorrow. All own fault,but any luck ill appreciate....x

Hybrid?? urrr....bit thick on what bikes :p Proper worrying now about tomorrow. Hope judge ok and not too harsh. just cleaned out my car(long over due and filthy from horse and dog hair!!) Maybe,I can ride daughters horse?! well. D-day tomorrow. All own fault,but any luck ill appreciate....x

A hybrid is a cross between a road bike & a mountain bike. They're ideal for commuting to & from work as they handle lumps and bumps but most also have thinner tyres/wheels so they are also quick.

I cycle 11 miles to work and then same distance back, and i'm down to 26mins each way on my hybrid having been doing it for 6 months :). I have 3 just under 3 months to go until I can drive again and I'd like my time to come down to 24mins. I'm much fitter for it, sit really is a good idea! Definitely worth it. :)

And don't worry too much! What will be will be. I'm sure you've learned from it already! Everyone makes mistakes, and just remember that you are a tiny minuscule/minor case to the magistrates. They see a lot worse on a daily basis and drink driving is not what they are most interested in.

It is serious because it is a crime, don't get me wrong. However in the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad. You might feel like a murderer when you go in, but they don't really look at you like that. They'll be more concerned about the wife-beater about to appear, or the rapist coming in after that. It's just a slap on the wrists to them...just has more of an effect on your life because driving is important to you, as it is for everyone. But we all manage when we can't drive :)

You're one of the lucky ones just remember that. You get to walk in the front door of the court as a member of the public, and you'll get to leave in that way too! You'd be a lot more scared if you were taken away in cuffs, placed in a sweat box and driven to one of Her Majesties delightful imprisonment centres! But that won't happen so you'll be fine!

If you haven't already, feel free to glance through my experience of court and what I went through and what I thought helped/might not have helped. I blew 82mg and received a 12 month disqualification and a £625 fine. My ban was reduced to 9 as I completed the awareness course and I have 2 months and 20-something days until I can drive again. I think the way you come across in court has a lot to do with what they hand down punishment-wise.

http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/have-you-been-caught-convicted-drink-driving/39561.htm

Hope that link helps a bit & I wish you the very best of luck! Be sure to come back tomorrow when you know more! :)

And don't worry too much! What will be will be. I'm sure you've learned from it already! Everyone makes mistakes, and just remember that you are a tiny minuscule/minor case to the magistrates. They see a lot worse on a daily basis and drink driving is not what they are most interested in.

It is serious because it is a crime, don't get me wrong. However in the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad. You might feel like a murderer when you go in, but they don't really look at you like that. They'll be more concerned about the wife-beater about to appear, or the rapist coming in after that. It's just a slap on the wrists to them...just has more of an effect on your life because driving is important to you, as it is for everyone. But we all manage when we can't drive :)

You're one of the lucky ones just remember that. You get to walk in the front door of the court as a member of the public, and you'll get to leave in that way too! You'd be a lot more scared if you were taken away in cuffs, placed in a sweat box and driven to one of Her Majesties delightful imprisonment centres! But that won't happen so you'll be fine!

If you haven't already, feel free to glance through my experience of court and what I went through and what I thought helped/might not have helped. I blew 82mg and received a 12 month disqualification and a £625 fine. My ban was reduced to 9 as I completed the awareness course and I have 2 months and 20-something days until I can drive again. I think the way you come across in court has a lot to do with what they hand down punishment-wise.

http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/have-you-been-caught-convicted-drink-driving/39561.htm

Hope that link helps a bit & I wish you the very best of luck! Be sure to come back tomorrow when you know more! :)
Aww thankyou for your advice. Nice to know Im not alone in all this. Hoping on 18 mth ban,SMALL fine. will take course to reduce.Who knows.Judge might be having bad day and be harsh :-\ I will let you know tomorrow.I so hope press not there?!! Only few people know.....Thanjs again x

Hi,
Make sure your solicitor asks the magistrates specifically for you to go on the course that allows you to get your licence back earlier, this should not be confused with the mandatory one that they will most likely force you to go on, which whilst informative does is not the same course as the one that helps you get your licence back.
As for the local paper mine was in there, but's it's the luck of the draw. There was no one else in my court so how they got the full details is beyond me as it was written up as though someone was there, and certainly did not tie in with what the official recorder wrote down!!! (£££ to anyone???)
Hope they go easy on you, it is terrifying but you will get through it - the only thing I would say is make sure you turn up! You will get through it, it will normally all be over in half a day. With regards to the fine it's catch 22, I had a high reading and got no fine (despite being high earner so thought they'd hit me hard) but a 3 year ban (Expected due to my reading being err...well just say it was higher than yours!), yet I've seen others with a lower reading get hit with a big fine and a big ban. I think you will probably be in the 18-24 months and if your solicitor pleads poverty/two kids/not much money then you could escape with nominal fine.

Of note is that one guy who got 3 years the same year as me, re-applied after 2 years (you can do this under certain circumstances which can be found elsewhere on this site or from your solicitor) and got his back. Not many people realise you can do this, also be aware that you are likely to be asked to take a medical before getting your licence back. This is not the horror story you will read about, provided you are sensible and cut back or best of all stop drinking at least 3 months prior to the medical. Others will say how they have carried on drinking the same and still passed the medical - but do you or anyone else reading this really want to take that risk? I didn't for sure.
As of this week I have my licence back and I'm planning on keeping it so not even had champagne to celebrate.
Hope it goes okay. Do post back on here after you've been to court.
Cheers
Dickie

Well. All done!! Got 18 mths reduced to 13 with course.Fine of £200. Duty solicitor great! Judges were very nice. I looked very smart and composed myself well(judges even told me this!) One even kept smiling at me??! Glad all over with.Lesson learnt massively! Thanks for everyones input.Truely appreciated.X

Oh.No mention of medical??!! Is that normal?
It should say in any paperwork that you get back from the DVLA as they will write to you confirming your ban. HRO or High Risk Offender is the bit to look out for on the paperwork. I'm pretty sure that it's the DVLA that decides if you are a HRO or not and not the court, as it's the DVLA that writes to you at the end of the ban if you need the medical, but they tell you if you are a HRO at the outset of the ban. I think you should be okay. Only word of caution if you have been put on the probation DD course (as opposed to the other one that helps you get your licence back early - small fee payable but don't think its huge, others better placed to advise on that) then make sure you go, missing probation appointments is not recommended, I didn't but if you do they come down hard, and you only get two chances.
All the best for the future. Of note is that I now actually cycle 20-35 miles everyday for fun even though I can now drive - It can get addictive as well as making you super fit and lose lots weight!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off