Reapplying for license

Convicted Driver Insurance

JackM

I got banned on 05/05/2011 for 17 months, I then completed a Drink Drivers Course and it got reduced to 13 months meaning i get my license back on the 04/06/2012. I apply for it on the April 4th. How long does it normally take to come back through the post once i have sent the form off? Can i pay more to get it back earlier? Problem is i live in Spain so its a hassle getting it as i only come home every few months.
Also will i have to re sit my test, Dont think i will as on my certificate of entitlement it says its valid till 2062 but the photocard has expired.

Thanks

I got banned on 05/05/2011 for 17 months, I then completed a Drink Drivers Course and it got reduced to 13 months meaning i get my license back on the 04/06/2012. I apply for it on the April 4th. How long does it normally take to come back through the post once i have sent the form off? Can i pay more to get it back earlier? Problem is i live in Spain so its a hassle getting it as i only come home every few months.
Also will i have to re sit my test, Dont think i will as on my certificate of entitlement it says its valid till 2062 but the photocard has expired.

Thanks

It usually takes about 3 weeks after the DVLA have received your application. May be longer if health or personal details need to be checked. You cannot pay more to get it back earlier. You dont usually have to re-sit your driving test unless the Magistrates stipulated you must do so at the point of sentencing. More info here.

Hello All, Newbie here, although Ive have been lurking for a few days now, thanks for being here..
My situation is similar to the Op's in that I was disqualified for 16mth with third off after course completion so 12 mths this was for failure to produce a specimen. I completed the course. This incident was over 5 years ago and I havent driven since, my drivers licence which i wasnt required to hand in at court expired this month, my question is under what do I apply for my new license, ie, do i still need to tell mention the spent offence and tick the because i was disqualified box or do I just apply under the change of address application, and license renewal? I hope this makes sense.

Zcars,
You still tick the box for "licence back after disqualification." It does not matter how long afterwards you are applying for your licence back.
For the purpose of getting your licence back, there is no period when the disqualification becomes spent.

You will then be sent details of the medical you will have to do because you are classed as a 'high risk offender' by failing to supply a sample.
Once that process is under way, you can ask DVLA to allow you to drive under Section 88 of the Road Traffic Act... just mention that in your request and they will know what you mean, and once you have that in writing, you will be able to drive, pending the result of your medical. This is providing your own doctor has not given you any indication that you should not drive.
You will then have to arrange insurance. What you tell them will depend on what hey ask. Some ask if you have received and points or disqualifications in the past 5 years, the correct answer to that is "no". If, however, they ask, as most do, "have you received any points, or been disqualified in the past 5 years, they the correct answer to that is "yes", because the disqualification was over 5 years ago, but you have been disqualified in the past 5 years. If in doubt, ask the insurance company, as you do not want to pay for cover that they then refuse to honour because of non-disclosure

Zcars,
You still tick the box for "licence back after disqualification." It does not matter how long afterwards you are applying for your licence back.
For the purpose of getting your licence back, there is no period when the disqualification becomes spent.

You will then be sent details of the medical you will have to do because you are classed as a 'high risk offender' by failing to supply a sample.
Once that process is under way, you can ask DVLA to allow you to drive under Section 88 of the Road Traffic Act... just mention that in your request and they will know what you mean, and once you have that in writing, you will be able to drive, pending the result of your medical. This is providing your own doctor has not given you any indication that you should not drive.
You will then have to arrange insurance. What you tell them will depend on what hey ask. Some ask if you have received and points or disqualifications in the past 5 years, the correct answer to that is "no". If, however, they ask, as most do, "have you received any points, or been disqualified in the past 5 years, they the correct answer to that is "yes", because the disqualification was over 5 years ago, but you have been disqualified in the past 5 years. If in doubt, ask the insurance company, as you do not want to pay for cover that they then refuse to honour because of non-disclosure

Just came back to say thanks for the sound advice Price, it was much appreciated, I booked the medical and will be taking it a week from today. Tnankyou..

ps- I'll come back to let you know how i get on..

Just came back to say thanks for the sound advice Price, it was much appreciated, I booked the medical and will be taking it a week from today. Tnankyou..

ps- I'll come back to let you know how i get on..

License arrived yesterday morning, happy days ..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off