Applying for new job?

Convicted Driver Insurance

mervgra

I'm applying for a new job through an online application and it asks 'Do you have an unspent conviction?'

What I am wondering is that how long left I have of my driving ban? (2 years currently half way through), The actual charge that I was handed? (Drink driving and £400 fine) Or the time that is left until it is fully wiped of my licence?

I'm applying for a new job through an online application and it asks 'Do you have an unspent conviction?'

What I am wondering is that how long left I have of my driving ban? (2 years currently half way through), The actual charge that I was handed? (Drink driving and £400 fine) Or the time that is left until it is fully wiped of my licence?

Under The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 the rehabilitation period upon receiving a fine for a criminal offence is 5 years. This means your conviction will only be classed as 'spent' after 5 years has passed from the date of convicion.

The time period a driving with excess alcohol (DR10) endorsement remains on your driving licence is 11 years. This has no effect on whether or not your conviction is classed as 'spent' or 'unspent' under The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

So the answer to your question 'Do you have an unspent conviction?' Is yes. It will only be classed as 'spent' after 5 years has passed from the date of your conviction.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off