applying for license, help please:

Convicted Driver Insurance

paul smith

hi there chaps, new to the forum. i was really struggling to get information on how to re-apply for my license so thought i'd post a thread.
Basically i have completed the rehabilitation course so i am expecting my license back in 5 weeks now but not recieved a reminder of dvla yet, is this normal? could there be a problem with the rehabilitation organisation not informing the courts and dvla that i have completed the course so therefore my ban has not been reduced so no reminder has been sent? :(

How long before the ban ends does the reminder be sent out?

should i fill in a D1 form and send that alternatively?

how long would it take to reach them and to process?

so when would i be able to drive :eek:

my reading was 65 and i have neva been convicted before so i wudnt have thought that i'd need the medical right?

plz plz help, much appreciated. all the best chaps

Ring the court you attended and check that they were notified that you did the course, and that they informed the dvla,.then contact the dvla, or if u have a government gateway number you can check on there. Ringing the court should clear it up for you though, then just send a d1 off, I sent mine yesterday:D

21 days to go:cool:

With the DVLA having cocked up the receipt of my licence at the start of the ban, I wanted to make sure there would be no problems at the end. So about a month after completing the course, I called the DVLA to make sure they had confirmation of my completion. To my mild surprise, they informed me that they had and the date they had for my ban ending was the same as mine.

I would advise anyone who has completed the course to make sure that course certificates have gone to the courts and subsequently onto the DVLA sooner rather than later.

The guy I spoke to also confirmed that I should get the reminder (D27P) 56 days before the ban end date.

My licence came through pretty quickly after sending off the D27P. I don't know if there's a difference in different areas or at different times of year.

I think you're still okay to drive at the end of your ban as long as the DVLA acknowledge receipt of your D27P form and confirm that a new licence is going to be issued. But please check that with the DVLA; I'm just some bloke on an Internet forum so what I say means nothing!

Hi Paul, according to my paperwork, unless you have changed your address, dvla will send you a" reminder to apply for a new license shortly before your disqualification ends" Filling in a D1 could take longer. I have had reason to speak with dvla today - really really helpful staff. Good luck. Suzique

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off