Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
OR
Call Convicted Driver Insurance Quote Line



Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 313
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: DVLA Medical a sham!

  1. #1
    orca22 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default DVLA Medical a sham!

    I have just stumbled across this forum .

    It is not clear to me what the purpose of this Forum is or who is responsible for its concept.

    I can say from experience that the Medical procedures carried out by the DVLA to determine Fitness to Drive are a complete sham and should be open to scrutiny beyond this forum as they raise several concerns not least of which are Infringments on Human Rights and contrevention of the Freedom of Information Act.

    Both my MP and several Motoring Organisations due to my extensive research are very concerned about the conduct of the DVLA in both carrying out Blood Testing and thier subsequent findings, and how they are being used. Investigations are ongoing but It would seem that the DVLA are acting well beyond thier remit ( Road Safety ) and are now exerting control and enacting sanctions from activities we are all FREE! to do in our own homes and participateing in such is not and does not present any danger to any road user! as these activities are carried out whilst not driving and in the privacy of our own homes.

    In other words there is a vast difference between Drinking and Driving which is against the law and drinking whilst not driving in your own home or other place over a period of time which is NOT ILLIEGAL! yet the DVLA are now able to adjudicate on such matters which have nothing whatsover to do with them or the safety on our roads.

    The medical panel of the DVLA is laughable and a cursory look at the minuetes of thier many meetings will confirm this as such. I fail to see how an individual who does not Drink then Drive is a danger to other road users. I do however see how drivers with serious medical problems such as heart attacks, deafness, diabetics and others are! The granting of licences for such persons is a scandal and is without doubt a real danger to other road users! and is poseing a very serious risk to road safety yet these persons drive on our roads daily and have been passed as " fit to drive " by the DVLA

    In particular persons who are at risk of heart failure and have a known record of such should have thier licences revoked imediately they are a real menace and hidden time bomb and cause many fatalities on our roads.
    Yet the DVLA continue to pontificate on Drink Driving and how best to deal with it, in particular how to ensure they have a chance of taking persons of the road who have a drink but dont drive but are still perhaps over the limit the next morning. At present they have no way and niether do the police of actually determining wether you are fit to drive as the road side tests do not as yet test for MCV GGT AST etc, needless to say they are working on such technology and if introduced will significantly increase the numbers of people who will have thier licences revoked through abuse/misuse of alcohol even if that abuse/misuse took place a week prior to driving and although does not affect your ability to drive at all, is in your bloodstream and would be revealed by a more stringent analysis of your blood. In other words and for those who are both blind and stupid, this will enable behaviour control via the back door on the pretence it is relevent to road safety. yet those with known serious disabilties which do not dissapear in time via the bloodstream and filtration are given licences to operate a car and drive.

    I stated I feel the medical is a sham and i have proof lots of proof! as i have done my research unlike some of those commenting on here under the pretence of " expert "

    My advice to anyone convicted of Drink Driving is simple, take the punishment as in serve out the ban when your medical is due insist that the DVLA supply you and your GP with the criteria and specifics of the tests in full, they will carry out on your blood, furthermore I also suggest that you have your blood independently analysed before offering any samples to the DVLA Franchise Doctors. As it stands at present they Franchise Doctor, in the employ! of the DVLA does not provide individuals with like for like blood samples for testing, in my view this is scandalous and leaves the way open for incorrect and illiegal practice to remove completely those who have have been convicted of any DD offence from driving. Do not give permission for any contact with your GP until these requests have been met in full! Should the DVLA fail to supply adequate information concerning the test then refuse to take the exam and seek to Appeal in the Courts to get your licences reinstated. Your argument is simple and lawfull and would succeed! try it! You are entitled to know just what is being tested and why etc and so is your GP so demand all the information! I would also suggest you explore getting the Court to ensure the DVLA supply you with like for samples of blod taken at the exam for your own independent analysis for OBVIOUS REASONS!! It would be of interest to see the courts reactions to such a demand thats of course if you can find any legal expert with any backbone to actually argue your case as opposed to the easy route they now take of Mitigation which basicly means they will stand in court yapping about how sorry you are etc etc. i dont think there is a single lawyer in the country who has ever considered properly and adequatly challenging the DVLA on the matters I allude to here. yet if these were investigated they would reveal a total abuse by the DVLA and thus the State of personal liberty and serious contrevention of the Freedom of Information Act by a Goverment Agency. Many lawyers as we know are no more than ambulance chasers and looking for an easy victory and are not prepared to investigate matters which directly concern our rights etc that daily are being eroded by this nanny state and those in charge of it.


    How is it that upon arrest and asked to give a sample of blood/urine for testing at any police station you are given an identical sample by the Police to have tested via an independant laboratory this is of course good and fair practice and ensures fairness and transparency, yet when the DVLA's own Franchise Doctors take your blood for testing you are not provided with an identical sample to have tested via an independent laboratory???? One answer given by the Chief medical Officer at the DVLA is " its not practicle " furthermore this same individual when asked about information concerning what samples would be taken and what markers would be used wrote " this information would have little benifit to the laymen " from his response it is very clear he also views GP's not under his franchise as " laymen " as his department failed to supply the information to my own GP when requested to do so. Furthermore the DVLA's medical team can with impunity ignore the findings of independant laboratories throughout the land which proved beyond any doubt in my case I had no serious conditions whatsoever and that my licence should have been reinstated!

    I think I know the real answer! and bet not one of you so called experts will actually reveal the truth to the general public at large so they can see for themselves just what is happening to our personal freedoms and liberties. Also can you explain why it is when a candidate submits to the Medical exam niether him/her nor thier GP is given exact and precise information as to just what is being tested? why its being tested? and what markers are being used to determine wether or not a person has been abusing/misusing Alchohol and as a result will not get his/her licence back after serving the ban as given in the magistrates court.

    I await your response with considerable interest!

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator's Avatar
    Forum Moderator is offline Global Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    706

    Default Re: DVLA Medical a sham!

    Quote Originally Posted by orca22 View Post
    I have just stumbled across this forum .

    It is not clear to me what the purpose of this Forum is or who is responsible for its concept.
    The purpose of this forum is to provide an open forum where people can discuss all matters related to drink driving, whether they have been convicted of the offence and are seeking help, support or free legal advice or they just have a keen interest in the subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by orca22 View Post
    I can say from experience that the Medical procedures carried out by the DVLA to determine Fitness to Drive are a complete sham and should be open to scrutiny beyond this forum as they raise several concerns not least of which are Infringments on Human Rights and contrevention of the Freedom of Information Act.

    Both my MP and several Motoring Organisations due to my extensive research are very concerned about the conduct of the DVLA in both carrying out Blood Testing and thier subsequent findings, and how they are being used. Investigations are ongoing but It would seem that the DVLA are acting well beyond thier remit ( Road Safety ) and are now exerting control and enacting sanctions from activities we are all FREE! to do in our own homes and participateing in such is not and does not present any danger to any road user! as these activities are carried out whilst not driving and in the privacy of our own homes.

    In other words there is a vast difference between Drinking and Driving which is against the law and drinking whilst not driving in your own home or other place over a period of time which is NOT ILLIEGAL! yet the DVLA are now able to adjudicate on such matters which have nothing whatsover to do with them or the safety on our roads.

    The medical panel of the DVLA is laughable and a cursory look at the minuetes of thier many meetings will confirm this as such. I fail to see how an individual who does not Drink then Drive is a danger to other road users. I do however see how drivers with serious medical problems such as heart attacks, deafness, diabetics and others are! The granting of licences for such persons is a scandal and is without doubt a real danger to other road users! and is poseing a very serious risk to road safety yet these persons drive on our roads daily and have been passed as " fit to drive " by the DVLA

    In particular persons who are at risk of heart failure and have a known record of such should have thier licences revoked imediately they are a real menace and hidden time bomb and cause many fatalities on our roads.
    Yet the DVLA continue to pontificate on Drink Driving and how best to deal with it, in particular how to ensure they have a chance of taking persons of the road who have a drink but dont drive but are still perhaps over the limit the next morning. At present they have no way and niether do the police of actually determining wether you are fit to drive as the road side tests do not as yet test for MCV GGT AST etc, needless to say they are working on such technology and if introduced will significantly increase the numbers of people who will have thier licences revoked through abuse/misuse of alcohol even if that abuse/misuse took place a week prior to driving and although does not affect your ability to drive at all, is in your bloodstream and would be revealed by a more stringent analysis of your blood. In other words and for those who are both blind and stupid, this will enable behaviour control via the back door on the pretence it is relevent to road safety. yet those with known serious disabilties which do not dissapear in time via the bloodstream and filtration are given licences to operate a car and drive.

    I stated I feel the medical is a sham and i have proof lots of proof! as i have done my research unlike some of those commenting on here under the pretence of " expert "

    My advice to anyone convicted of Drink Driving is simple, take the punishment as in serve out the ban when your medical is due insist that the DVLA supply you and your GP with the criteria and specifics of the tests in full, they will carry out on your blood, furthermore I also suggest that you have your blood independently analysed before offering any samples to the DVLA Franchise Doctors. As it stands at present they Franchise Doctor, in the employ! of the DVLA does not provide individuals with like for like blood samples for testing, in my view this is scandalous and leaves the way open for incorrect and illiegal practice to remove completely those who have have been convicted of any DD offence from driving. Do not give permission for any contact with your GP until these requests have been met in full! Should the DVLA fail to supply adequate information concerning the test then refuse to take the exam and seek to Appeal in the Courts to get your licences reinstated. Your argument is simple and lawfull and would succeed! try it! You are entitled to know just what is being tested and why etc and so is your GP so demand all the information! I would also suggest you explore getting the Court to ensure the DVLA supply you with like for samples of blod taken at the exam for your own independent analysis for OBVIOUS REASONS!! It would be of interest to see the courts reactions to such a demand thats of course if you can find any legal expert with any backbone to actually argue your case as opposed to the easy route they now take of Mitigation which basicly means they will stand in court yapping about how sorry you are etc etc. i dont think there is a single lawyer in the country who has ever considered properly and adequatly challenging the DVLA on the matters I allude to here. yet if these were investigated they would reveal a total abuse by the DVLA and thus the State of personal liberty and serious contrevention of the Freedom of Information Act by a Goverment Agency. Many lawyers as we know are no more than ambulance chasers and looking for an easy victory and are not prepared to investigate matters which directly concern our rights etc that daily are being eroded by this nanny state and those in charge of it.


    How is it that upon arrest and asked to give a sample of blood/urine for testing at any police station you are given an identical sample by the Police to have tested via an independant laboratory this is of course good and fair practice and ensures fairness and transparency, yet when the DVLA's own Franchise Doctors take your blood for testing you are not provided with an identical sample to have tested via an independent laboratory???? One answer given by the Chief medical Officer at the DVLA is " its not practicle " furthermore this same individual when asked about information concerning what samples would be taken and what markers would be used wrote " this information would have little benifit to the laymen " from his response it is very clear he also views GP's not under his franchise as " laymen " as his department failed to supply the information to my own GP when requested to do so. Furthermore the DVLA's medical team can with impunity ignore the findings of independant laboratories throughout the land which proved beyond any doubt in my case I had no serious conditions whatsoever and that my licence should have been reinstated!

    I think I know the real answer! and bet not one of you so called experts will actually reveal the truth to the general public at large so they can see for themselves just what is happening to our personal freedoms and liberties. Also can you explain why it is when a candidate submits to the Medical exam niether him/her nor thier GP is given exact and precise information as to just what is being tested? why its being tested? and what markers are being used to determine wether or not a person has been abusing/misusing Alchohol and as a result will not get his/her licence back after serving the ban as given in the magistrates court.

    I await your response with considerable interest!
    Your anger and bitterness towards the system is understandable. However, if an individual has been convicted of drinking and driving and is required to pass a DVLA medical to regain their driving license and upon taking that medical the results show that the person in question is abusing alcohol then I think it is a fair presumption that the risk of them re-offending increases.

    As to whether the process is an Infringment on Human Rights and contrevention of the Freedom of Information Act is debatable.

    If you feel you have been treated unfairly and the system is flawed then you are doing the right thing by contacting your MP.
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 02-19-2009 at 02:54 PM.

    Regards
    Forum Moderator


    UK - UK Drink Driving Laws | Drink Driving Solicitors | Convicted Drivers Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Legal Advice

    U.S. - US DUI Drunk Driving Laws | US DUI Lawyers & Attorneys | SR22 Auto Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Lawyer Consultation

    International - Worldwide BAC Limits Maximum legal prescribed blood alcohol content limits for over 250 countries & jurisdictions

  3. #3
    TIM
    TIM is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    burntwood, staffordshire
    Posts
    1

    Red face Re: DVLA Medical a sham!

    WOW that was some post, i have just joined, and am interested in all oppinions and experiences. i was convicted on 24/01/2007, my second within the ten years and so am h r o ,my first conviction was 1998 so bang to rights. i donot know to anybody who has undertaken the medical and so cannot comment at all on whether it is designed to prevent return of licences. as i can gather so far i need to inform dvla of my new address, await for a form, fill it out , return it with a photograph and the relevant application fee, stop drinking for 3 months,attend the medical, sweat a little waiting for the results and pray. have i missed any thing? oh yes not bother looking for work ever.

  4. #4
    dantheman is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: DVLA Medical a sham!

    Orca22 is 100% correct. I am waiting to organise my Medical. I don't think Taylor, you have grasped what Orca22 is actually saying.
    I was told by the DVLA that whilst my licence application is in I am entitled to drive as I have had a licence before, and I'm no longer disqualified??
    Somethings gotta change soon Orca22, glad someones finally outspoken themselves, in a good way

  5. #5
    bigneil is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: DVLA Medical a sham!

    Not just a reply, but also looking for some help/information.

    I was convicted of failing to give a sample of breath just over 3 years ago, it was my second conviction in 10 years, and so excepted my 4 year ban. I paid the money and took the course and got my sentence reduced to 3 years. At the right time i applied for my licence back and stayed off alcohol, even though I still don't understand why I shouldn't drink when I do not hold a licence to drive. I duly went for my medical and had my blood test, then went on holiday with my girlfriend and had a good time, much alcohol consumed by all. On my return I expected to find my new post dated licence on the doorstep, instead I found a letter from the DVLA telling me they had damaged my blood sample and would need another one. I phoned them and explained that I had just returned from holiday, they said it should be ok and would make a note of it on my records. I booked another blood test and had it carried out 4 days after my return. The date of my renewal got closer and passed without word from the DVLA. I called them and they issued me with a cover note allowing me to drive, after many phone calls, 4 weeks later they informed me they were refusing my licence. My blood test results were slightly high, according to my doctor nothing to worry about, but DVLA said combined with my doctor telling them that I had told him 30 months earlier that i was drinking 50 units a week, they weren't prepared to return my licence.
    They have told me that if I can get my blood results within their figures, then I can apply for my licence back. My problem is my doctor wasn't very helpful and didn,t seem to want me to know how to reduce my figures or how long it would take, even saying that I could go alcohol free for 6 months and get higher figures than I have now. Also do you know if I can just ask the DVLA if I can send them a result with figures in their guidelines. I just feel cheated and confused. Any help or advice would be gratefully regeived.

  6. #6
    leon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: DVLA Medical a sham!

    I completed my DVLA medical on 6th october, i had went without drink for a month and a half before this, 2 days after the medical the doctors called me to say the lab had messed the blood sample up and would need another sample, they wanted this sample the next day, but I had been at a birthday party and had been drinking.

    The doctor said if i didnt do it then i maybe charged again for the medical if i contact the DVLA to re-arrange when i have had time for the alcohol to leave my system.

    I don t see how this is fair, I have done my part to the letter and they have messed up and i am being penilised for there mistake.

  7. #7
    dantheman is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: DVLA Medical a sham!

    They "the DVLA" are quite frankly C*NTS in my opinion, I may be using the wrong word but they're attitude towards rewarding a convicted driver their licence back who has been classed as a high risk offender must be an infringement of....? I choose to drink what I like in my own time. I will never drink drive again, never. It is simply not an option. For those of you who pooh pooh me saying that, you have not had the inconvenience and all that comes, with being disqualified from driving. I will be booking my medical for December 04-10 roughly. I have not been drinking since last Saturday 10th October, and I will continue to refrain from wetting my whistle untill such time has passed. I will also be drinking two litres of water a day, as I believe water does flush a lot of crud out of your system resulting in more efficiency from other organs, hopefully speeding up any damage I have accumulated previously. Running, weight training and just an all round general health kick before the medical takes place so I am in as good a shape as I can be. I've heard if you fail you can be told to wait 6 to 12 months before re-applying for a licence, can some one verify this? I will try to find what the DVLA's medical standards are as and when the time comes. I hate needles, lol!! No not really.

    One other thing, and I will contest this with any one, you are allowed to drive whilst the DVLA has your licence application, this is how I have been driving without having to go through a medical for the past 6 months. Simply send in your licence application to DVLA, arrange the Medical for the latest date possible, then cancel on the day of the medical, withdraw your licence application with DVLA. Then go through the whole process again for another 6 weeks. The one problem as you can see is that for those 6 months I neaver had a physical licence, which is why I have now decided to go through with the Medical.

    I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS!!

    BIGNEIL, your a D*CK for doing it twice mate, I would put money on you getting caught a 3rd time. In all sincerity and for your own good please proove me wrong. I'm not just some pratt with preconceived ideas of drink drivers, I know what I'm talking about from experience.
    Last edited by dantheman; 10-14-2009 at 10:23 PM.

  8. #8
    bonnieL is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: DVLA Medical a sham!

    Sorry if this is slightly off topic. I am due to have a medical and thought that an appt would be sent out in the post. From reading these posts it sounds like everyone has 'booked' their medical. Can anyone tell me what I have to do, if anything?

  9. #9
    Forum Moderator's Avatar
    Forum Moderator is offline Global Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    706

    Default Re: DVLA Medical a sham!

    Quote Originally Posted by bonnieL View Post
    Sorry if this is slightly off topic. I am due to have a medical and thought that an appt would be sent out in the post. From reading these posts it sounds like everyone has 'booked' their medical. Can anyone tell me what I have to do, if anything?
    The DVLA should send you out an application 90 days before your disqualification is due to end. In some cases where people have completed the drink driving rehabilitation course this notification is not automatically sent out. If this is the case simply request a 'D1 Pack - Application for a driving licence for a car, moped or motorcycle' either online from the DVLA or at your local post office.

    Once you receive your pack, simply fill it out and return it as per instructions and the DVLA will do the rest and contact you about your high risk offender drink driving medical.

    Regards
    Forum Moderator


    UK - UK Drink Driving Laws | Drink Driving Solicitors | Convicted Drivers Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Legal Advice

    U.S. - US DUI Drunk Driving Laws | US DUI Lawyers & Attorneys | SR22 Auto Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Lawyer Consultation

    International - Worldwide BAC Limits Maximum legal prescribed blood alcohol content limits for over 250 countries & jurisdictions

  10. #10
    Bob_sp is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: DVLA Medical a sham!

    Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    I have just carried out a drink drive medical and I received a worry letter drom the medical board saying we have had you medical report back and we have written to your GP for more information.

    I did the course to reduce my disqualificatio and should have had my license back on the 7th of November. The DVLA lost my paperwork and were significantly delayed with there processes. I have written 2 letters of complaint and not heard anything back. Can anyone advise what I can do to expedite the process?

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. dvla medical test
    By minnie in forum Have you been caught/convicted of drink driving?
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-26-2014, 07:16 PM
  2. DVLA Medical Query
    By nelly in forum Ask A Solicitor - FREE Legal Advice (Drink Driving)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 03:14 PM
  3. DVLA Medical
    By jaddyday in forum Ask A Solicitor - FREE Legal Advice (Drink Driving)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 01:13 PM
  4. DVLA medical
    By Tottenham Linda in forum Ask A Solicitor - FREE Legal Advice (Drink Driving)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 11:26 AM
  5. DVLA Medical - Blind+Drink
    By iwannadriveagain in forum Ask A Solicitor - FREE Legal Advice (Drink Driving)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •