Help required!

Convicted Driver Insurance

mrsj004

Hi Can you offer me some advice please? I resigned my job Fri 20th July (due to bullying) & was caught with drink driving in the afternoon. I have admitted it and have a court date of 8 August. As I am actively seeking work do I have to tell employers/Interviewers/Agencies of my impending criminal record? As I haven't received the conviction yet. I can still drive until this date. I have no previous convictions but will lose my licence certinly!

Any advice how to handle telling prospective interviwers would be extremely helpful.

Many thanks

This depends on the type of job you are applying for and what information the potential employers are requesting. If it is a job that is regulated by a governing body then disclosing this information may be more important than an unregulated job. Not informing a potential employer is not a criminal offence of any type but not disclosing this as part of a recruitment process can come back to haunt you at a later date. If your job is dependent on you driving in any way then it makes sense to disclose this now.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off