Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Reddragon11678

I had a letter 2 weeks ago, stating that the dvla had written to my gp for further information, I asked about being issued a temporary licence, but the lady on the phone said there no sick thing as a temporary licence? Even though I've read about people having them, my disqualification is already up and I have applied for my licence, any help would be much appreciated thank you.

I had a letter 2 weeks ago, stating that the dvla had written to my gp for further information, I asked about being issued a temporary licence, but the lady on the phone said there no sick thing as a temporary licence? Even though I've read about people having them, my disqualification is already up and I have applied for my licence, any help would be much appreciated thank you.

It used to be that high risk offenders required to take a DVLA medical examination were able to drive under section 88 of The Road Traffic Act 1988 while awaiting the outcome of the medical.

This is no longer the case as of 1st June 2013, you can read more here.

High risk offenders now need to pass the medical and be issued a driving licence before they are legally entitled to drive.

It used to be that high risk offenders required to take a DVLA medical examination were able to drive under section 88 of The Road Traffic Act 1988 while awaiting the outcome of the medical.

This is no longer the case as of 1st June 2013, you can read more here.

High risk offenders now need to pass the medical and be issued a driving licence before they are legally entitled to drive.

Ok, ? phew, thank you for your help, spot on. I started thinking that they wouldn't give me a temp licence because I had failed my bloods, which they won't give me the results over the phone, I had a letter 2 weeks ago saying that they have written to my gp, I haven't been to my gp for 4 years?! I abstained from alcohol for 7 weeks before my medical.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off