Court On Tuesday for Drink Driving - Can I Have Some Advice Please

Convicted Driver Insurance

Perky

I had an accident by which a car was coming out of a side road this caused me to steer into a parked car and spin into a tree. i was unconscious at the time and was cut out of the vehicle and there was no sign of the offending vehicle. I was taken to hospital in an ambulance. While unconscious the hospital took a blood sample and once I woke up they asked me to sign for it. At no time during this incident was I told that I would be charged with drink driving. I returned home and a friend I had met in the pub was mortified that I had an accident and she confessed that she had bought me double vodka and coke and not the coke I had asked for because she didn’t realise I was driving because the pub is 200 yards from my home. In total I had had one pint and double vodka and eight weeks later I was summoned to court. i presented myself at the designated time only to be told that the prosecution did not have their file there and the case was adjourned. I was then given another date i which I represented myself as I am unemployed and cannot afford a solicitor and the case is not serious enough to warrant legal aid. the court was adjourned yet again to allow for the prosecution to further analyse the blood sample. While in court they also mentioned that I had previously been in trouble with the police which was 22 years ago and I was cautioned and not charged. I have no previous convictions and that includes speeding tickets. I was told on the day of court that I would not be entitled to a duty court solictor as it was not a possible custodial offence. Help what can I do?

Can you believe it they have prosponed it again this is the fifth time that they have done this. Its making me ill. I cant afford legal representation cos I have just been made redundant. And I wont get legal aid because the offence is not serious enough. I even said to the court clerk If I am going to get a ban then just give it to me, but they wont until they look at all the other evidence.

mmmmmm not good!!!

Whilst I hear what you say about not being able to instruct a Solicitor privately I cannot recommend it enough. There are options and we have represented many people in your situation successfully which has resulted in them keeping their driving licence. It may be worth pointing out to you that if you were successful in your defence you would be entitled to a Defendant's Cost Order which would enable your legal fees to be reduced subject to taxation.

If you were convicted a ban is mandatory and you would receive a criminal conviction on your record, which could impact on your ability to secure employment.

Unfortunately, we are only able to offer representation on a privately paying basis.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off