The likely penalties?

Convicted Driver Insurance

matty123

Hi i was recently involved in a drink driving accident where i crashed into a street sign after and argument wit a friend. I called the police immediately after the incident and reported it. I blew 82 at the scene and then it rose to 102 while at the police station. This is my first driving offense and i was wondering whether any one knew the most likely length of duration of the ban i will face and any other punishments?

Thanks,
Matt

Hello Matt
According to the Magistrates Sentencing Guidelines, a breath alcohol reading of 102mg is in the middle of the bracket which attracts 23 to 28 month disqualification for a first offence or 36 to 52 months for a second offence within 10 years. In addition the court will consider a medium level community order (which could include Supervision requirements, unpaid work and/or a curfew order). You would also be ordered to pay a contribution towards court costs.

The ban can be reduced by up to 25% if the court agree to refer you to the drink drive rehabilitation course and it is successfully completed by a specified date.

It's important to remember that these are guidelines only and the court will deal with your case based on it's individual facts taking into account any aggravating factors as well as any mitigation put forward by you or your solicitor.

For further advice then call our national drink driving helpline on 0333 344 4889.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off