was not driving, refused legal aid,

Convicted Driver Insurance

kezdaniel

while on holiday with my partner and friends at a caravan site, i left the pub after quite a few drinks after losing my friends and not knowing where my caravan was i headed back to my car to find the caravan site map to help me get home, i entered the car but did not drive it, whilst looking for the map in the car the police turned up and breathalised me, i blew 83, i was then arrested and taken to the police station, in my interview i was told that 2 security guards had put statements in saying they saw me enter my vehicle and drive out of the carpark, these security guards had taken a disliking to me and my friends earlier in the night and made this story up obviously to get me in trouble, their statements dont even match, 1 says they saw me reverse out of a parking bay and drive off, and the other says i got into the car on the side of the road and drove off.
the police officer charged me with drink driving and bailed me to appear at court where i pleaded not quilty as i didnt drive the car and i have now been told i have to go to trial, iv been refused legal aid and am very frightened about going to trial on my own with no solicitor or representation, as i cant afford to pay my solicitor fees,
iv never been arrested before, never been in court, this is my 1st offence
what would you recommend i do with regard to representation
will the security guards statements be seen as credible even though they dont match
whats likely to happen to me at court
thanks in advance for any information

I'm afraid that based on the information provided your only chance of representation is to ask the duty solicitor if they can represent you when you are in Court.

I cannot say whether the security guards will be considered credible witnesses by the Court, this will largely be dependant on the evidence which they give at Court. You should also note that if you require them to attend Court in person you will have to disagree their statements when they are served on you. You can do this by writing back to the CPS and confirming that you will require their attendance at Court.

I'm afraid that based on the information provided your only chance of representation is to ask the duty solicitor if they can represent you when you are in Court.

I cannot say whether the security guards will be considered credible witnesses by the Court, this will largely be dependant on the evidence which they give at Court. You should also note that if you require them to attend Court in person you will have to disagree their statements when they are served on you. You can do this by writing back to the CPS and confirming that you will require their attendance at Court.
Thanks for your advice!
I was told that a duty solicitor is not aloud to represent me at a trial? And I am told that the security guards will be at the trial to give there evidence, really frightened as i can't afford my solicitor fees and don't have no idea how to represent myself, are there any other options to gain free legal representation other than legal aid, or am I screwed? Or are there any cheaper ways of representation as my solicitor has quoted me £3000
Thanks in advance

Apologies, I had misread the post and did not realise you had already had your first Court hearing.

There will certainly be solicitors who can represent you for cheaper than the cost you have been quoted, the difficulty may be in finding someone who has experience of these matters who will deal with the case for less. I would advise ringing around several local firms and ask what experience they have of dealing with these cases and who would be dealing with your case.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off